This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphical Corruption & No Music
I'm trying to play Final Fantasy with JPCSP v2239 and I have no music and graphical corruption. The graphical corruption is not in the game itself but rather in the program's menus and dialog boxes which makes it nearly impposible to navigate them. As for the sound, I get sound effects but no music. Any ideas?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
(08-28-2011, 01:42 AM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: I'm trying to play Final Fantasy with JPCSP v2239 and I have no music and graphical corruption. The graphical corruption is not in the game itself but rather in the program's menus and dialog boxes which makes it nearly impposible to navigate them. As for the sound, I get sound effects but no music. Any ideas?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Could you please post a screenshot showing the graphical corruption? Thanks! Smile
(08-28-2011, 03:53 PM)Hykem Wrote: Could you please post a screenshot showing the graphical corruption? Thanks! Smile

The graphical corruption generally corrupts more of the menu then in the attatched file.

Any ideas regarding the lack of music?

Edit
I figured out the music issue, a program called SoundStage is needed- seems like the sort of thing that should be in a Read Me or an F.A.Q. . .

Still having the graphical corruption issue. Where ever I put my mouse within the G.U.I. that error becomes a mess of garbled graphics. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD4850.

Further Edit
I've uploaded a more representative screenshot of the problem. I've seen problems similiar to this will older DirectX games like Fallout which had problems refreshing the screen.

Last Edit
The graphical corruption is fixed by running JPCSP in Windows 95 compatibility mode. The downside is this messes up the music, which is not that big of the problem as the corruption seems confined to JPCSP's menus and thus after the settings are set properly compatibility mode can be disabled.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-28-2011, 04:03 PM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: Edit
I figured out the music issue, a program called SoundStage is needed- seems like the sort of thing that should be in a Read Me or an F.A.Q. . .

Could you link to that SoundStage program?
Or give more details?
I am playing final fantasy and have the same no music issue.
I tried googling the program but couldn't find anything useful... To my opinion at least.
Thanks in advance!!
(09-03-2012, 02:37 PM)broke1980 Wrote: Could you link to that SoundStage program?
Or give more details?
I am playing final fantasy and have the same no music issue.
I tried googling the program but couldn't find anything useful... To my opinion at least.
Thanks in advance!!

Actually, it's called SonicStage- my post was in error.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SonicStage

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz