This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't start up JPCSP due to "JRE not installed"
psp 
I get this problem with JPCSP r2614 every time I open it:

"The required version of Java has not been installed. Go to (website) to install the 64bit Java JRE."

I've done this about a dozen times now, tried downloading a clean version of the revision and I downloaded the 64bit Java JRE, but it keeps saying this message. Except for one time where it just flashed a cmd box and then quit. I don't really know what else I can do, since I've tried researching the problem and found nothing. Can someone help me out?
edit file start-windows-amd64.bat
replace all lines with the following:
Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-amd64\
java.exe -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=168m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
(07-14-2012, 04:47 AM)l2sp Wrote: edit file start-windows-amd64.bat
replace all lines with the following:
Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-amd64\
java.exe -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=168m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*

What do you mean by "Replace all lines?" Like, delete everything and paste those two lines in there?
(07-14-2012, 06:21 AM)Oris Wrote: delete everything and paste those two lines in there?
yeahSmile
(07-14-2012, 06:47 AM)l2sp Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 06:21 AM)Oris Wrote: delete everything and paste those two lines in there?
yeahSmile

It's still not working. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or something. It can't be that I downloaded the wrong JRE cuz I tried both the 32 and the 64. :/ Ugh... I knew I should have taken Java last year in college.

Edit: 7/16/2012
I'm still trying to figure out how to get this thing to work. I have JRE 7, if that's a problem. Other than that, I just can't figure out why it won't work on my laptop. Anybody else have any ideas?
*bump*
"Do NOT diss the sonic screwdriver."
Follow this instruction http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/ece122/help...onment.htm
(08-05-2012, 09:59 AM)bugmenot Wrote: Follow this instruction http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/ece122/help...onment.htm

I'm having the same problem, and that doesn't help for Windows 7 users. :<
The only difference is the location of Environment Variables window, which you could easily search on google.
Trying to be solved since r2682.
[Image: montcer.png]