This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random semi-hanging
(11-19-2012, 10:48 PM)OuO Wrote: So I've been testing with the games I had, and whenever the save/loading screen hang happens I've just been leaving the game on then going to do other things. As it turns out, it just takes a REALLY long time to figure itself out, but the save window does eventually pop up and the loading does eventually finish. The problem is this sometimes takes upwards of 20 minutes. I posted my computer specs, they're beefy enough to handle this and I've tried with and without the loader, so it seems to be the emulator itself; i.e., just something I have to live with while it continues to improve.

It could be because I have an ATI card, however I would think if that was the case it wouldn't let me save at all...as it stands, sometimes it saves/loads instantly, other times I need to find something else to do while it takes its jolly time doing so ;P

EDIT - Also I forgot to mention, sometimes when it's been loading for a while, it doesn't actually register as finished until I start pressing buttons on my controller, then the laod finishes or the save window pops up. It's happened to many times that way for it to be a coincidence.

Yeah strange, never heard of this problem before usually the save / Load window pops up near instant for me unless its one of those rare game that has to check every save game, I tested fate extra and didn't experience any save / load delay.

there is a few things to try..
1. Defrag your computer if you're not on a solid state drive.
2. Unplug your game controller and try the keyboard (I want to see if the controller is triggering some kind of conflict), I noticed this in the log where you had to press buttons.
3. Start jpcsp from a clean install (make a new directory) and quickly test a save / load scenario to see if it works better.

In the past do you think you've enabled Crypto mode? there could be a save that jpcsp is trying to read but since its crypto mode it cause a delay.

Messages In This Thread
Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Figured it out (kinda) - by OuO - 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM