This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xuggle 5.5 (64bit) - SandyBridge/IvyBridge compatibility test
(11-09-2012, 03:28 PM)Itaru Wrote: Thanks for the file, hyakki! Your AVX-enabled libxuggle-5.dll is crashy with Atrac3 audio just like the one included in Xuggle 5.4 on my Ivy Bridge Ultrabook. I switched back to your AVX-disabled dll file and all is well again on my Ultrabook. I also tried your AVX-enabled dll file on my non-AVX desktop PC and it works perfectly fine with Atrac3 audio as expected. I guess it really is the buggy AVX support in ffmpeg which is causing the instability problem. The AVX-enabled dll file works perfectly fine for any other audio and video formats on my Ultrabook, so I'd say the bug is isolated in the AVX code for ffmpeg's Atrac3 audio decoding routines.

ok good then narrowed it down to avx or runtime-cpudetect , maybe i'll try to make another build with avx disabled and still use runtime-cpudetect (they claim you are supposed to enable this for distribution builds)

Thanks for testing Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xuggle 5.5 (64bit) - SandyBridge/IvyBridge compatibility test - by hyakki - 11-09-2012, 09:15 PM