This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jpcsp movie playback - Intresting find for movie flickering (NVIDIA)
(09-21-2012, 11:00 AM)gid15 Wrote: Interesting!
I looks like the video decoding is going faster than the sound can be played and the game is adding blank images to keep video and sound in sync.
for games like crisis core, 3rd birthday..etc the movies playback perfect and get locked to 30fps (I don't know if the game or the emulator set this) , but the games that have the flicker somehow override the 30fps and try to play at 60~fps , so when using the adaptive vsync locking it to 30 fps they playback almost in perfect sync, so it does seem to be related to fps somehow

anyways I quickly tried to tweak those values but they didn't seem to have much effect on the flickering movies (tested FF2),
I found that lowering one value 'mpegTimestampPerSecond = 10000' delayed the flicker until the movie was almost complete, the movie seemed to play faster though and audio was horribly out of sync...I'll try tweaking them some more to see if I can get better results Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jpcsp movie playback - Intresting find for movie flickering (NVIDIA) - by hyakki - 09-21-2012, 01:44 PM