This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts BBS FM weird graphic card behaviour/bug
Hey everybody!

First post here but some of you may know me already.
I've been trying to play Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix with the latest builds (32bit and 64bit) of JPCSP over a month now and I came across a very weird/intresting bug that appears on Nvidia GeForce GT620M but not in the intergreated Intel HD 4000 on the same device/laptop with exactly the same settings. (I don't thing that my specs in this case are important but it's a Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1 64bit + i5 3210m + 4GB RAM)

The first one affects the shadows (I know that they are buggy, I'm ok with that bug but this one is even buggier) plus if you notice at the background you an see that the image looks like posterized/16bit or the NVIDIA one though I have checked from the ingame menu the 32bit option.

Intel HD 4000 (Everything's fine except the known shadow bug):
[Image: intelhd4000.jpg]

Nvidia GeForce GT620M (Terrible buggy texture streched to all axes, also posterizing/16bit effect in background):
[Image: nvidiageforcegt620.jpg]

Also another problem with the lighting. On the Intel one it's OK, everythings perfect, but on the NVIDIA one you can see a weird pixelation on the lighting which leaves ghosts on the next frames making the game after a point impossible to be played because of way too many ghosts overlaying everything.

Intel HD 4000 (Perfect):
[Image: intelhd40002.jpg]

Nvidia GeForce GT620M (pixelated lightning which leaves ghosts in the next frame and stay forever there, check Aqua's shoulders) :
[Image: nvidiageforcegt6202.jpg]

I've noticed that this or a simmilar issue has been posted a year ago (http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8885)

Dunno if it helps but I noticed once that I could read a text in that buggy texture in the shadow; it was saying "SHOP" shich is the same texture used on moogle shops.

Another thing that happens and I don't get it's a weird bug with the flow of the frames. I don't encounter any slowdown at all at any resolution/antialiasing combination but it seems like the emulator renders missalligned the frames, example:

1st frame, 2nd frame, 3rd frame, 5th frame, 4th frame 6th frame and so on... ...like a jitter or better like the game rewinds back for a split second which is something I never seen in my life again! XD

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom Hearts BBS FM weird graphic card behaviour/bug - by VIRGIN KLM - 09-05-2012, 04:13 AM