This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dangan-Ronpa 1 PSP The Best Ver / NPJH50515
I've confirmed. The issue is related to sound, most likely a desync in voiced lines.

I'm already at chapter 3 and everytime during Non-Stop Debates, the game freezes for a small while after succesfully shooting down and refuting a contradiction. During the freeze it shows the usual symptoms, the BGM hiccups and the game defreezes but it also plays all the voiced lines that should've played before.

I've also noticed that when this happens under normal dialogue, the game plays a voiced line that hasn't played before and then plays the proper one.

This is a largely untested solution but it seems to have worked: setting frameskip to 60 FPS. It may have been just a fluke, I just tried the game in a very weak PC and set clock speed to 300% and frameskip to 60 FPS just to get decent speed and I noticed the game wasn't freezing during voiced lines anymore.

If anyone wants to test further, be my guest.
My PC specs:
-AMD Phenom II X2 560 (2 CPU @ ~3.3GHz)
-4096 MB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (1 GB)
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dangan-Ronpa 1 PSP The Best Ver / NPJH50515 - by Servbotty - 06-29-2013, 02:33 PM