This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
God of War Series and its copy-cat(Dante's Inferno) Seem Playable
Hi,everybody.I am back! So much exams and CTs were,I was so busy.Between Happy weekend!!

For some unknown reason a idea got me that I can test this epic series with pcsx2 0.9.8 and jpcsp-2106-windows-x86 in 2 different OS,windows xp and 7.

First, I am telling you the results.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
God of War I:Not yet tested,probably will do on today's night.And then you will see this post updated!
God of War II:Works better on xp than 7 on same settings.Constant 59-62 NTSC fps.
In win7,fps is only 1-2 less,you wont notice,dont worry.

The next 3 games and 2 demos,I have not done gameover on jpcsp yet.So,I can not conform you that you will see the following result all over the games.And also for now,I did not use sonicstage,I will update it with sound effect too later.

God of War::Chains of Olympus
&&
God of War::Ghost of Sparta
&&
Dante's Inferno(uhh can someone call it crap "kratos's inferno" instead?!)
&&
2 demos of God of Wars

With some bugs for god of wars(very minor if you consider),in some places-major bugs for dante's inferno,minimum 15-16fps,maximum 27-30fps,average near20fps(better call it 18-22fps),shadow of krato is not very very perfect.Dodgy
The result above is for windows 7 with latest nvidia driver and directx 10.
In case of windows xp,all is roughly same with a blackscreen.AngryAngryThis means,you go to file>open UMD,then everythings will come up,you will hear sound in game menu togglling.If you are in luck to load game or select new game,you enter game too,kratos will fight too,but you will not see him,you will see a blackscreen all over the time.So good luck with searching stuffs in load shedding in the realm of M$ xp!Sad

Anyway,dante's inferno works on xp.Big Grin

The only different between chains of olympus and ghost of sparta demo(once upon a time, that ghost stole the chain of mineBig GrinBig Grin) is the minimum fps.Sometime in GOW::ghost of sparta demo,minimum fps is as low as 14!

P.S.one thing I just do not understand.When the speed is near or above 22,I can not differentiate the gameplay between psp and jpcsp
(if I am satisfied with the minor graphics bugs).It means that I can enjoy gameplay as smooth and speedy as psp.Why this happen?
I thought native console experience can only be gained with 60fps!

Now stuff configurations.
PC configuration:
Core 2 Due 2.67GHz,2GB ram,Nvidia8500GT,DG31PR motherboard intel,500GB HDD,i guess others isnt necessary,is it?
Pcsx2 Configuration:
see snapshots.
on the next posts
Jpcsp configuration:
See nect post.
snapshots below.

And here is the rest one configuration snapshot of pcsx2 0.9.8 and all jpcsp snapshot.

Messages In This Thread
God of War Series and its copy-cat(Dante's Inferno) Seem Playable - by pspnoob06 - 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM