This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is the PSP leaked keys going to Help emulation?
Well, when/if the keys get exposed, it's the end of KIRK. That means we can decrypt manually everything and reverse engineer any single piece of data from the PSP. Of course, this can help us analyzing and finding everything we want from it, but this could also be done before, to some extent, with a PSP, just like Darth stated.

What this will introduce is the ability to emulate the PSP's crypto functions, which can lead to loading encrypted EBOOT.BIN boot modules directly or even emulating modules on a LLE level.

I already have a bunch of patches I've worked on a long time ago for some of these purposes, and if the keys do get public, I don't see any problem on finally emulating this properly.

However, piracy is obviously a concern, but after this is exposed it will become quite simple for anyone to build a simple external application that mimics KIRK (and all you would have to do would be drag-and-drop encrypted files and get decrypted ones). Undecided

Messages In This Thread
RE: is the PSP leaked keys going to Help emulation? - by Hykem - 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM