This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble running Ni No Kuni (BLES-01555)
Hey everyone,

ssshadow recently posted a video on Reddit showing the demo version of Ni No Kuni running in RPCS3. I decided to give the full European disc version a try. Unfortunately, being the RPCS3 noob that I am, I couldn't really get it running. It reached the language selection menu, but gave me a black screen and sometimes an error after that. But more on that later.

First of all, my PC's specs, just in case it matters:

i7-4770K (currently not overclocked), GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM, Win10-64

As for my RPCS3 settings:

Emulator version: rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-17-65104b59_win64
SPU/PPU: both Interpreter (fast)
LLE modules: libac3dec, libadec, libatxdec, libdmux, libdmuxpamf, libfont, libfontFT, libfreetype, libfreetypeTT, libl10n, libpamf, libresc, librtc, libsail, libspurs_jq, libsre
Graphics: Vulkan @ 1280x720; Frame limit set to Auto; VSync on
Audio: XAudio2
I/O: XInput

Here's a detailed list of my steps, so we can rule out any errors here:

1. Dumped the BD-ROM (BLES-01555) on my PC using IsoBuster. This gave me an .iso which matches the hashes of existing dumps, so I assume it's good.
2. Patched the image with the corresponding .ird file.
3. Decrypted the resulting .iso using 3k3y.
4. Extracted the decrypted .iso to E:\rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-17-65104b59_win64\dev_hdd0\game\BLES01555 using 3k3y.
5. Decrypted all the .sdat files in USRDIR, as per http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=178888.
6. Moved all contents of ~\BLES01555\PS3_GAME to ~\BLES01555\, since RPCS3 kept looking for the files there.
7. Duplicated all contents of ~\BLES01555\USRDIR to ~\BLES01555\USRDIR\BD and ~\BLES01555\USRDIR\HDD_GAMEDATA, since RPCS3 seemed to expect files there, too.
8. Still got tons of missing files errors, so I decided to extract the .adat files that came with the game (which are just renamed .psarc files), which resolved quite a few missing files errors. Language selection menu started to work. It looked and sounded perfect; however, when selecting a language and pressing X, I got a black screen and nothing else happened.
9. Extracted some of the .zarc files that were extracted from the .adat files, since RPCS3 kept looking for the extracted versions. This got rid of many missing file errors, but ultimately, even after having extracted all the files RPCS3 complained about, I still got the black screen after the language selection menu, now sometimes (very inconsistently) accompanied by an error message ("The game data is corrupted. Press the PS button to close the game, and delete the game data.")

AnnieLeo asked me to upload my log files on that Reddit thread, so here we go.

As you can probably see, there are still a bunch of missing files errors, which I assume are the essence of my problem. For example:

Code:
·W {PPU[0x1000009] Thread (fios mediathread 5) [0x01787c08]} cellFs: cellFsStat(path=“/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01555/USRDIR/data/system/text_lang_setting.bin.zarc”, sb=*0xd008ac14) -> sys_fs_stat()
·W {PPU[0x1000009] Thread (fios mediathread 5) [0x01787c08]} sys_fs: sys_fs_stat(path=“/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01555/USRDIR/data/system/text_lang_setting.bin.zarc”, sb=*0xd008ac14)
·E {PPU[0x1000009] Thread (fios mediathread 5) [0x01787c08]} sys_fs: sys_fs_stat(“/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01555/USRDIR/data/system/text_lang_setting.bin.zarc”) failed: not found
·E {PPU[0x1000009] Thread (fios mediathread 5) [0x01787c08]} 'cellFsStat' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT

All these files do exist (they came within the .adat files I extracted earlier), but only in uncompressed form, not as .zarc.

So, does anybody have an idea how to get past the language selection menu? Sorry for this lengthy post, I just want to make sure that you're able to recreate my problem.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 83.39 KB / Downloads: 132)

Messages In This Thread
Trouble running Ni No Kuni (BLES-01555) - by Aeternal600 - 02-19-2017, 12:24 AM