This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about development
(08-10-2014, 08:25 AM)AlexAltea Wrote: Sorry, I cannot give a detailed answer atm.
1. Reverse firmware files and ask in the dev chatroom @ irc.efnet.org:6667 : #rpcs3.
2. You can test them writing tests (e.g. with PSL1GHT), check ps3autotests repo and use VS debugger.
3. Clean code doesn't need commenting, and bad code needs to be refactored rather than commented, IMO. And yes, there are lots of bad code.
Thanks for your reply. Well also thanks for your IRC addr.

1.So that's still a little difficult for those newbies. Well what i can hope is only the mod made on their local repo did not crash the emulator.
2.Maybe still a "Pause at function calls" be a feature you need? VS is already laggy, and rpcs3 running slow - gosh.. Okey when i find out what to call to make it pause. Also it would help when a non dev wanna help collect some info about some calls - ps3 games are a little big you know, and dev may not have so many games..
3.Well i mean, would you allow someone comment the codes? You see there is only Roadmap/Dev.Info./FAQ/.. on github wiki. Someone might want to know what calls he might need or which call he could take a look, and the comment would help even when he searches the repo with grep. Without comment reading code may be a difficult work, especially for those big works. And this may helps us find out what might be improvable. Even you've told us to comment, but some still does not like to do it much (that is humanly speaking, not programming..hah). And reading these might lead to code review, which would help us know what might cause troubles.

Indeed i think a little help might be good things for you - even i don't have so many exp like you. And hope my questions don't annoy any of you.
Asus X450V, I5-3230M 2.6GHz, Nvidia GT720M. Windows x64 with VS2013.

Messages In This Thread
Questions about development - by syphurith - 08-10-2014, 07:17 AM
RE: Questions about development - by Nekotekina - 08-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks for answers - by syphurith - 08-11-2014, 06:22 AM