This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Specs for RPCS3 in the future?
Noting that there has been tremendous progress (as with loading the first image from that game, whatever it's called, recently) beyond what most would've expected from this project several years ago, I am genuinely wondering if anyone is projecting or estimating the hardware and software requirements for when, theoretically, let's say, RPCS3 can run some commercial games and the like in full.

For example, PCSX2 had many crunching the numbers for specs required to run many commercial games, and while many of the guesses are "ball park guesses", some were right on (this was before the emulator ran all of the games it does now).

So, theoretically, what kind of hardware specs are or would be projected to run some commercial games on RPCS3 in the future?

8 + core CPU? Multi-GPU? 6 GHz + speeds, or high-end GPGPU work (minimum)?

I just want to hear peoples', especially the developers', opinions.

Lower-end game example:

Little Big Planet

Higher-end game example:

Final Fantasy X-III

Plus, I'm sure many of those dying to run commercial games on this emulator would love to have some numbers in mind when building their computers and/or optimizing for this, so I think this question is okay. As time goes on things will change, but this thread can always be updated as it follows along.

NOTE: I realize this isn't solely a concern in the low-to-mid stages of development that this emulator is still in, but for objective analysis, projective outlook, and ideas on its future requirements, wouldn't this help suffice the concern?

Messages In This Thread
Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by Chalking Fenterbyte - 03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by Ekaseo - 03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by ssshadow - 03-05-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by mixdix123 - 03-25-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by Ekaseo - 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by 3V01988 - 03-25-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by ssshadow - 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by Ekaseo - 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Specs for RPCS3 in the future? - by mixdix123 - 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM