This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BIOS/Firmware emulation - what's going on?
If you don't mind me further asking, diverting this from the original firmware questioning, why don't the games display anything more than black screens?

I mean, assuming some portions of the emulated GPU exist (how else are the homebrews running?), and at least most opcodes are working right, what is the problem in that department? I mean, at least a title screen, perhaps?

You can HLE the GPU as well, but it will probably cause many issues. But if your goal is to make games playable in any form, what's stopping the team from HLE'ing the GPU?

Also, it might be noteworthy to note that the PCSX2 team originally didn't emulate the firmware, but for the last 6+ years they have once they got it right (PCSX2 can boot the famous "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen and render it correctly).

Messages In This Thread