This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe i have found a bug... a big one
emunewz internals 
I was messing with the emulator configurations and Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus to find what i could do to improve speed (particularly on the ZZ's map which is the worst fps-wise in the game with 4 or more mobile suits.).

So i messed here and there and i had this idea...

I have paused the emulator, then opened the configurations and on the video settings tab, checked Software Renderer then clicked 'Apply'.
With the emulator still paused and the configurations>video settings window still open, i have unchecked Software Renderer and clicked 'Apply' once again, unpausing the emulator... and what happened is i have gained a
LOT more fps, can someone explain what's going on here!? Could someone reproduce this so i am not going insane?

I found this really strange but in a good way of course! This seems to happen with every game i have tested!

Just made a video with dissidia final fantasy

GvsGNP ZZ's stage with ZZ (slowest in the game)

Might as well add my system specs, here they are:

Phenom II x4 955 BE @Stock(3.20Ghz)
GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB @Stock (using 314.07 drivers)
Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz@Stock Latencies (8-8-8-24) 1.65v
RAID0 SATAII Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
A Cup of Coffee(don't know it's brand or specifications, sorryBig Grin)

I could reproduce this bug with and without the launcher here from emunewz and the bug worked in revisions as old as 22xx!!

Messages In This Thread
I believe i have found a bug... a big one - by lilt00 - 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM