This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE screen, screen flickering and fullscreen
"Only GE graphics" cause flickering. Without GE graphics, my game didn't go fullscreen, but...

(08-02-2011, 11:28 AM)gid15 Wrote: "Only GE graphics" or "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory"?...
...you can use any of these 2 options for improved resizing in full screen.

What? I didn't knew that.

EDIT: Tested, I only enabled "saving GE screen textures instead of memory" and my game really goes fullscreen. But it's waaay slower. However flickering with "only ge" still present in games, which needs this option for decent speed for example. And I found a flickering in Bleach - Heat the Soul 6 with only "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" enabled alone. It was a layer of menu over the character select screen. Nothing special just sprites, where it ask that you using a single character or a tag team.

EDIT2: And a big WTF! In some games disabling "GE graphics" with only "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" enabled, some videos which was too fast compared to audio now perfectly synchronized, no more async (I didn't do a test on Falcom games yet). I think async is caused by GE graphics enabled o_O

ATTACHMENT:

(08-02-2011, 11:28 AM)gid15 Wrote: ...I know that "Only GE graphics" can cause the screen to flicker but this option is not required for full screen,...

My screen without anything enabled. Monitor resolution at 640x480, internal resolution is native (any other res results in a black screen), screen ratio 4:3. Maybe I misunderstood you, but you say, that with everything disabled, I should still get a fullscreen, or I MUST use at least one of the two options: "Only GE graphics" or "Saving GE screen to textures instead of memory"?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit

Messages In This Thread
RE: GE screen, screen flickering and fullscreen - by megaten666 - 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM