This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
Hello guys, I'm giving a try to Crisis Core.

I had some problems with big slowdowns, but I seem to have found the perfect config for me
Funny thing is that the game with anti-aliasing is running faster than without, or maybe it's just smooth.

I have only a little question here. While I'm playing the game, the emulator pauses by itself.
And it's really annoying, because I lose concentration when hitting Run and all.
Anything other than that, the game is running pretty awesome.
Do you know why that happens?

I really have to thank you guys for the hard work you're having with it, but I believe you're enjoying it as well.
I wanted so much to play this game (and dissidia =P), and I didn't have the oportunity to borrow my friend's PSP, so... it's an alternative
OK, so I'm running on my laptop now and nothing has happened so far that makes me want to tear my hair out like last time (yet). But I have one issue. When JPCSP is playing the intro vid, the fps is going about 30-40 fps but the video is quite choppy. What's up?

If it helps, I'm using rev 2135 and Windows 64-bit (though I'm using the 32-bit version of JPCSP). Plus, I use an ATI card all my settings are according to first post (I did try adding the shaders options, but that made it worse).

EDIT: And I still have the glowing-characters problem.

EDIT 2: I got rid of the glowing issue by fiddling with the Video options, but the choppiness is still present in cut scenes.

EDIT 3: Consider my problem obsolete. I solved it by turning the 'Only GE screen' option off. It increased my fps during fights too.
I can suggest you to install the new JDK_7 beta which is twice faster than

JDK_6_25 Smile
(05-18-2011, 10:37 PM)just_in_deed Wrote: I can suggest you to install the new JDK_7 beta which is twice faster than

JDK_6_25 Smile

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration Confused Can anyone confirm this?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(05-18-2011, 10:51 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 10:37 PM)just_in_deed Wrote: I can suggest you to install the new JDK_7 beta which is twice faster than

JDK_6_25 Smile

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration Confused Can anyone confirm this?

I don't think it's much of an exaggeration. With Java 6.25, it has a rather jerky frame rate regardless of displayed FPS. With Java 7 beta, the frame rate is much smoother for generally the same FPS numbers.
I confirm that Java 7 beta, in my case I go up 10-15fps in crisis core. Average 35-50fps

Add options on run jpcsp.jar

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-XXTonguearallelGCThreads=2 (You change for thread for you CPU)
-XX:UseSSE=4 (Only supported on CPU SS4 instruccion)

But some bugs on JPCSP crashes aleatorys compared with java6.

Code:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
        at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VertexBuffer.extend(VertexBuffer.java:139)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VertexBuffer.load(VertexBuffer.java:251)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandPRIM(VideoEngine.java:1754)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1139)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:803)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:507)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDisplay.java:1167)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour
ce)
ce)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ce)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1388267.png]
You know, I'm having that problem (where the video lags regardless of FPS). It gets to the point where the audio and video aren't synchronized and it's really annoying. Does that mean I should use the Java 7 beta?
(05-22-2011, 03:29 PM)TenyumeKasumi Wrote: You know, I'm having that problem (where the video lags regardless of FPS). It gets to the point where the audio and video aren't synchronized and it's really annoying. Does that mean I should use the Java 7 beta?

Not at all, it just means the game isn't running at full speed. Not much you can do about that at the moment.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

it may be an interesting read for some and i believe the devs have read this issue about 7 being faster than 6... isnt it updated in the latest rev2144?
http://lingpipe-blog.com/2009/03/30/jdk-...rithmetic/
(05-22-2011, 10:29 PM)shakirmole Wrote: it may be an interesting read for some and i believe the devs have read this issue about 7 being faster than 6... isnt it updated in the latest rev2144?
http://lingpipe-blog.com/2009/03/30/jdk-...rithmetic/

I'll try to compile a build with jdk7 and see what happens,
I don't know if running with jdk 6 compiled binary on jre7 will have any benefits, lets see what jdk7+jre7 does :p

Edit:
Just tested with jdk7 binary and jre7 and i couldn't notice any speed improvement, minimal if any