This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly getting "this is encrypted get a real PSP" message
psp 
I was running Birth By Sleep fine in the intro... sound, video, the start screen, etc. It locked up after that, but I was still tinkering with it trying to get it to work.

But not for some reason it keeps bugging me about the game not being real and not supporting piracy and all that stuff. I repulled the game from disk with my PSP just in case, but that didn't help at all.

Any ideas why this changed?
maybe one of the decrypted files got corrupted. as far as i know, this game has several big encrypted pgd files, maybe they're a problem.

try deleting the game's "game id" folder from tmp/ folder. game id appears when you go into umd browser and select your game. under the game's title, has 4 letters, then 5 numbers.
(10-07-2012, 06:58 PM)serio Wrote: maybe one of the decrypted files got corrupted. as far as i know, this game has several big encrypted pgd files, maybe they're a problem.

try deleting the game's "game id" folder from tmp/ folder. game id appears when you go into umd browser and select your game. under the game's title, has 4 letters, then 5 numbers.

Ok, I'll try it, thanks!

Edit: The folder is empty already
Well then in the options tick the extract pgd files and try again.The screen wil be black for some minutes so be patient
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(10-08-2012, 01:01 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Well then in the options tick the extract pgd files and try again.The screen wil be black for some minutes so be patient

Sadly, that made no difference. I get the "this game is encrypted don't be a pirate" message immediately so that option doesn't have a chance to take effect.

It's weird though. I didn't get the message before... why now Sad
unless you reverted your jpcsp to older version that couldn't decrypt files, or your iso is actually pirated and the emulator can detect it better now i dunno why would that happen then.

either way, take a screenshot and show it. also make a debug log at info level and post it too.

Quote:What to do if your game would not work
Last but not least, should your game not work even though it is supported (please check under the Playable Games section under Commercial Games in this forum), you need to post a log file. This is done by starting the Logger under Debug > Tools > Logger option, and set to INFO level. Load and start the game you want to log until you receive the error. JPCSP will now generate a .html file in the JPCSP's MAIN FOLDER called log.html. Attach this file in the appropriate thread (please try to find the game thread under the Commercial Games section) and describe what you did when you received the error. Is the file too big to be attached, you need to compress it. Winrar and Winzip are common options. Would you not have any of these programs installed, Windows got its own compressing method by right cliking the file you want to compress and "Compress here...". It will compress it into a .7z file. I believe Mac got something equivalent.
(10-08-2012, 02:32 PM)serio Wrote: unless you reverted your jpcsp to older version that couldn't decrypt files, or your iso is actually pirated and the emulator can detect it better now i dunno why would that happen then.

either way, take a screenshot and show it. also make a debug log at info level and post it too.

Quote:What to do if your game would not work
Last but not least, should your game not work even though it is supported (please check under the Playable Games section under Commercial Games in this forum), you need to post a log file. This is done by starting the Logger under Debug > Tools > Logger option, and set to INFO level. Load and start the game you want to log until you receive the error. JPCSP will now generate a .html file in the JPCSP's MAIN FOLDER called log.html. Attach this file in the appropriate thread (please try to find the game thread under the Commercial Games section) and describe what you did when you received the error. Is the file too big to be attached, you need to compress it. Winrar and Winzip are common options. Would you not have any of these programs installed, Windows got its own compressing method by right cliking the file you want to compress and "Compress here...". It will compress it into a .7z file. I believe Mac got something equivalent.

I pulled it from legit disk and PSP and it was working (though crashing on the first load screen after the movie and start menu). Then it wasn't. Same file Sad

I'll try posting the log in that section. Note that I don't see Birth By Sleep in the supported games section, but several people report that it works and I've seen Youtube tutorials showing that it does.
The game is at playable status,try with the newer rev of jpcsp.Are you using the north american version or the european one?
Also did you closed jpcsp after selecting that option?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
I seem to have solved it. It turns out the downloads for JPCSP are different on the "downloads" page versus the front page of their website. I accidentally downloaded an old build which lacked a lot of features. I used the newest build and now I've even managed to get past the spot it was locking up at before! Thanks all!