This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSP emulation
What is the best PSP emulator?
There are many emulators: PCSP, JPCSP, PSPEmu, PSPE and PSPE4all.
I do not know the good ones.

There are few PSP games that I would like to play.
-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
-The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky
-Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
-Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
-Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Can an emulator play them at constant 60 FPS without big problems?

Thanks
Right now the best is the one written in JAVA and it is JPCSP. It can run many games at full FPS if your System is compatible with the emulator.

I don't own the games you have so i can't told you if they run nice; however, my machine uses an ATI video card and some games i own run pretty well which means if you have an Nvidia video card games can run better for you. That's because JPCSP works with OpenGL and Nvidia video cards has better OpenGL drivers than AMD/ATI.
[Image: montcer.png]
Get the latest build and have a dual core or better, 2.8 GHz more. Also a Nvidia card will really help. Birth By Sleep ran well, some graphical issues but I guess that's expected with the emulator.

Since BBS is a powerful game, those games might run better, be careful though because JPCSP uses up a lot of power from your GPU and it could overheat, I noticed when playing BBS that eventually the screen gets all blue and green(emulator screen).