This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They stop coding pcsp?
Hi. Did they stop coding pcsp?
bcoz.. "i think" c++ is faster than java.
pcsp is under heavy rewritting , so it will take a while until a new version released to public
Anyway they don't do like the jpcsp devs,the jpcsp devs release a new rev every time they modify or they add something,the dev from pcsp release a version when they tested and they are sure it will work.
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(08-26-2011, 04:42 PM)kipurs1 Wrote: Hi. Did they stop coding pcsp?
bcoz.. "i think" c++ is faster than java.

nope, we're still on it. It takes a lot of time because we all have a job to earn money, so development on PCSP is much slower than JPCSP. Unlike many people may think, PCSP is not a mere port of JPCSP into C++. We're coding PCSP in such a way it will use all the cores of a PC the most efficient way. But to achieve such a goal, it takes more time. The old PCSP prevented us from optimizing core parallelism the way we wanted and we felt we had our backs to the wall so we decided to rewrite it from scratch (well not everything is crapped but enough to make commercial games unplayable for the moment). We are more satisfied by the progress done in the new PCSP status from developer viewpoint but not enough for a release.
I'm just glad to hear that it's still alive Smile