This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With SonicStage
ps2 
Hello. This is actually a bit embarrasing when one considers the apparent expertise of the rest of the users here... But I'm having a problem with SonicStage. Basic, but it's there; WHERE am I supposed to have the files so that the option "Decode with SonicStage" appears? I've tried placing them on various folders (like "lib", "temp", "AddonLog") to see if it works, but nothing.

This is all in order to try to play Yggdra Union. I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit, if it helps.
Files does not need to be on a certain place to Sonic Stage work; instead, you just need enable the JPCSP option whit SonicStage installed and let it make his work.

You can download the official installer of latest version (4.3) from Asian Sony web site here:
http://sonicstage.update.sony.net/v4301/...taller.exe

Is a on-line installer; that means you must be connect to the internet and wait for the installer assistant download the packages to then install it. After it is installed you must reboot your machine. Finally, be sure that the option "Decode audio files whit SonicStage" is enabled under "Media" section on the JPCSP options. (Just read the text between those "()").

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: montcer.png]
It still doesn't work. I downloaded the file and installed it to the default downloading place (ie, the computer's program archives), but the option to decode with SonicStage doesn't appear, in fact, the "Media" thumbnail doesn't appear.

As can be seen in the attachment, the thumbnails appear only as far as "Misc."

Also, is OpenGL necessary in order for JPCSP to properly open files? Because I worry I may not have that program installed into my computer. The second attachment shows a sequence of (what I think is) code that repeats several times, and "OpenGL" is mentioned several times, so I think it may have something to do.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That option menu is from a very old revision of JPCSP and that's why you can't see other options; you can download latest build here:
Automated Jpcsp builds
Depends of what Operating System are you using (I see is Windows) make your choice on the correct architect of the CPU/OS build. I mean, if you are running under 32/64 bits (x86/x64).

And yes, JPCSP work whit OpenGL and it is installed whit your video driver; for that reason i suggest you to update your video driver to latest stable version if you haven't.

Finally, if you are using an old revision of JPCSP cause it is recommended for a game to run properly, then i suggest you to find the game dedicated thread on Commercial Games listed on General Discussion; you can get there clicking on my sign.
I downloaded the newest build so far (2667) and it works! Thanks a lot!

...Forgive me for asking, but how can I increase the frame rate higher than 15?
It depends of the game, your machine and JPCSP it self. You need a decent machine to get games run smoothly. Also remember that the emulator still under development, in that order certain games can't reach an higher speed of FPS; however there's some tricks that can help you.

First, take a look on the thread "JPCSP for dummies"; you can reach there following the "1. Start here" link on my sign.

Also, do some read on the "ReadMe" file of JPCSP; specially section 7.
Look at this:
Code:
- Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader: this option brings a performance boost when combined with "Enable saving GE screen to Textures" and when the application is doing manipulations on the Red/Green/Blue color channels of the framebuffer (e.g. to implement some graphic effects, blurs or shadows). Available only as an option as it might break the compatibility for other applications...
Some games only run at 15FPS, some at 20FPS some at 30 and some at 60, really depends on the game, some games varies from 15 (usually on rendered cut-scenes) to 60 depending on the scene.
Just in case, I downloaded an older revision, then set Frame Skipping to 60, and think I'll be able to play it... But there's no sound at all. Just in case, I'll go over to the game's specific thread and ask about it.