This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix - ULJM05775
Tested on Jpscp rev 2244
Video Tab:Only GE,Enable saving GE to textures
Memory tab:Both
Media tab:Use media engine and decode audio with sonicstage
I post this game here since it's very similar to kh bbs so it might also give errors during the gameplay(don't worry about the screenshots,I think I have changed the position of jpcsp)
[Image: ULJM05775-Shot-0.png][Image: ULJM05775-Shot-1.png]
[Image: ULJM05775-Shot-2.png][Image: ULJM05775-Shot-3.png]
[Image: ULJM05775-Shot-4.png][Image: ULJM05775-Shot-5.png]

[Image: ULJM05775-Shot-6.png]
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Just so everyone knows,

This game was fully playable, with no major problem until the final episode. You can beat the last boss, but the game will crash before credits, preventing you from trying to beat MF & Vanitas' Remnant. The Mirage Arena bosses are still beatable, though.

/!\ It's the same with the english patched version /!\

/!\ SPOILER /!\

The cutscene which is blocking further progression is the one following the moment when Aqua's falling in the darkness, after beating TerraNort.

/!\ END OF SPOILER /!\

The last cutscene gives a IllegalArgumentException (rev2519) or a NullPointerException (rev2537-2540) error. I attached the logs with this thread, in case anyone could solve it. I've been to this point in the game using the rev2519 64bits, but it works perfectly with the 32bits version too. I used JPCSP Launcher v6 with 2250Mb (-Xmx size). The pad was a PS2 Dualshock, and the config of JPCSP as stated below : (all unquoted settings are default settings)

Region:
Language : English/Japanese
Press "X" to enter

Video :
Only GE graphics
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
Enable saving GE screens to Textures instead of Memory

Memory:
Ignore invalid memory access

Media:
Use Media Engine
Extract media files to tmp folder
Decode audio files with Sonicstage
Use debug font

Crypto :
Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN to the TMP folder
Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode

Again, the game is fully playable with very few bugs. Till the cutscene I stated above.

If everyone has been further, please, tell me how. If I ever find a rev allowing you to go further, would it be with the english patched or the clean version, I'll edit this thread, so that everyone who's interested in playing this game on jpcsp, with english translation or not, knows.

Finally, if anyone knows how to solve this problem, I beg (yes, litterally) him/her to tell me so I can finally have this Secret Episode completed.

Thank your for your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 190940tumblrlwils7EO2h1qcsioio1r1500.gif]
(04-26-2012, 04:57 PM)hyperblast Wrote: Just so everyone knows,

This game was fully playable, with no major problem until the final episode. You can beat the last boss, but the game will crash before credits, preventing you from trying to beat MF & Vanitas' Remnant. The Mirage Arena bosses are still beatable, though.

/!\ It's the same with the english patched version /!\

/!\ SPOILER /!\

The cutscene which is blocking further progression is the one following the moment when Aqua's falling in the darkness, after beating TerraNort.

/!\ END OF SPOILER /!\

The last cutscene gives a IllegalArgumentException (rev2519) or a NullPointerException (rev2537-2540) error. I attached the logs with this thread, in case anyone could solve it. I've been to this point in the game using the rev2519 64bits, but it works perfectly with the 32bits version too. I used JPCSP Launcher v6 with 2250Mb (-Xmx size). The pad was a PS2 Dualshock, and the config of JPCSP as stated below : (all unquoted settings are default settings)

Region:
Language : English/Japanese
Press "X" to enter

Video :
Only GE graphics
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
Enable saving GE screens to Textures instead of Memory

Memory:
Ignore invalid memory access

Media:
Use Media Engine
Extract media files to tmp folder
Decode audio files with Sonicstage
Use debug font

Crypto :
Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN to the TMP folder
Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode

Again, the game is fully playable with very few bugs. Till the cutscene I stated above.

If everyone has been further, please, tell me how. If I ever find a rev allowing you to go further, would it be with the english patched or the clean version, I'll edit this thread, so that everyone who's interested in playing this game on jpcsp, with english translation or not, knows.

Finally, if anyone knows how to solve this problem, I beg (yes, litterally) him/her to tell me so I can finally have this Secret Episode completed.

Thank your for your time.

Does it helps if you skip the cutscene?

Edit:No it doesn't help even if you skip it.It took me 30 minutes to beat the final boss(because of my pc).In the psp I can beat him in less than 4 minutes(both of them).
Yeah, you can't even skip the cutscene, since it doesn't load... I've tried skipping the previous cutscenes, and letting them play, no fr**king difference...
However, it takes me only 4 minutes or so to beat both forms of the boss (my pc lets me play PSP speed), so it seems more convenient for me to test... So if you have any another idea, I can do a test whenever! =)
So frustrating, so close to the secret episode!
I'm using the 2540 rev. (64bit) and an English Patched Version

in the video tab I'm using:
[vertex cache]
[sharders]
[enable saving GE screen to textures]
[Dynamic sharder generation]
[Disable Vertex Info]

and I'm having some issues with the (dynamic?) shadows: sometimes, the shadow of other objects is loaded under the character, instead of their proper shadow
and, with the configuration specified above, all the shadows mix up in the screen (or at least is what it seems), this in most of times appears on the cutscenes, interfering in the quality.

I could uncheck the [Disable Vertex info] to make the shadows totally disappear, but, sometimes the "triangle holes" caused by vertex cache get kinda gliched (I can post a screen later)

I guess there's no way to solve this, so for now i'm waiting for new reviews to see the changes

(sorry for the english, I'm brazillian)

some screens:
[Image: print2q.png]
[Image: print1po.png]
[Image: print5qn.png]
[Image: print4s.png]
[Image: print3i.png]
"I got my values, so you can keep yours, all right?"
[Image: 1cd9dfdb38e13692f38115d96a7ae37f-d2xml5h.png]
Have you tried unticking all your video options one by one? Because, well, shadows don't display properly with me neither, but at least, it's just some squared weird shadows under the character, it's not all around the game, like you. It's like in the 4th picture.

It could come from these options you set, or from your PC config... Anyway, as you said, we'll have to wait for another release, I think, to have clean shadows. Until then, you should try to make it the most convenient for you to play.

And won't worry about your english, after all, I'm French xD
(04-26-2012, 08:44 PM)hyperblast Wrote: Yeah, you can't even skip the cutscene, since it doesn't load... I've tried skipping the previous cutscenes, and letting them play, no fr**king difference...
However, it takes me only 4 minutes or so to beat both forms of the boss (my pc lets me play PSP speed), so it seems more convenient for me to test... So if you have any another idea, I can do a test whenever! =)
So frustrating, so close to the secret episode!

Why don't you try to do the log?Activate it at info level before you selec the game,when it crashes,chango from info to debug.That will help the devs
Kay, I'll try to make one, I'll post it in half an hour. Should I post it anywhere else, btw?
Here it is!

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 113)
(04-27-2012, 08:07 AM)hyperblast Wrote: Have you tried unticking all your video options one by one? Because, well, shadows don't display properly with me neither, but at least, it's just some squared weird shadows under the character, it's not all around the game, like you. It's like in the 4th picture.

Well, I guess I tried all the possible options (it was good for me to learn a little more about each option in the videos tab)
I get the square shadow when I change the rendening options "on the fly" But when I reset the emulator, something different happens: the shadow loads normally, then it doesn't change according to the char's position (is that what is the dinamic shadows isn't?), instead, every shadow of every position is loaded over the previous, wich is not "erased", and that ends up creating a big "cloud" under the character.

Another strange thing that happens often: In Disney Town (especifically in the area I took the printscreen) The Bench shadow is loaded under Terra (didn't tried with others characters)
"I got my values, so you can keep yours, all right?"
[Image: 1cd9dfdb38e13692f38115d96a7ae37f-d2xml5h.png]
Must admit I can't answer on this one... I don't use vertex cache nor shaders, because they just ruin my graphics, and everything is more beautiful and faster with only anisotropic/antialiasing enabled.

Now, I can get you'd like to have your game running in the most perfect way, but I don't think we'll ever have a perfect psp emu, like PCSX2, else it'll be in some time.

Anyway, I get how the shadows grow together, that's what happened with me too.