This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eerie display w/ Saving GE option - any help appreciated
Using this configuration on Eiyuu Densetsu (LoH) - Zero no Kiseki - JAP - NPJH50311:

Enable Saving GE screen to texture - on
[a combination of on/offs of:
vertex cache
shaders
geo. shaders]

The game runs fine in 1X mode, but when I try to resize it to 2X, it flickers between good-looking and bad-looking mode (1frame good and 1frame bad; see attachments)

With the GE option off the graphics always look like the "bad" one i.e. downgrades a lot, thus it's a no-go; is there anyway I can force a frame-skip in the Jpcsp - i.e. skipping all "bad looking" frames w/ GE on?

Any help deeply appreciated, thank you.

(build r2257 32bit, win7-64, i7-2600k @ 4.2G, 8G DDR3, NV580)
more info:
when I turn the "mirror" mode on, there's clearly two type of frame renders exist in the emulator, the "mirrored" (Video->Rotate->Mirror) one is the one w/ rather bad looking and, after each mirrored frame, a "normal"(i.e. not mirrored) frame is rendered and is the "good looking" one.

my suspicion's that somehow, despite the "saving ge to texture" render option being turned on, part of renders were still made in the old way, and are fighting for the control of...umm..display?
more more:
after reading bit more about it, it seems like that for some reasons the viewport filter's not working as intended for this game.
still I wonder if an implementation of frame-skipper would be very useful in this, and other similar cases...hmm, perhaps I'd get my hand dirty and try it myself Smile