This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jpcsp Will Not Run Anything
Hi, I am new here. When I go to run a game (Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, KH:BBS, or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy) nothing happens. In the command window several of lines pop up saying various things, most of the time they are followed by "(Unknown Source)". I am currently using 32-bit v0.6 2239. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or what is causing it?
Please help if you can!

PS: added attachment of a screen shot I took of the command window

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-29-2011, 07:43 AM)Shadowpsyke Wrote: Hi, I am new here. When I go to run a game (Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, KH:BBS, or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy) nothing happens. In the command window several of lines pop up saying various things, most of the time they are followed by "(Unknown Source)". I am currently using 32-bit v0.6 2239. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or what is causing it?
Please help if you can!

Try to use it with all settings in video, audio turned off.

Why is it always everyone changes settings they don't understand and then complain about "it does not work"?
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-29-2011, 07:58 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 07:43 AM)Shadowpsyke Wrote: Hi, I am new here. When I go to run a game (Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, KH:BBS, or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy) nothing happens. In the command window several of lines pop up saying various things, most of the time they are followed by "(Unknown Source)". I am currently using 32-bit v0.6 2239. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or what is causing it?
Please help if you can!

Why is it always everyone changes settings they don't understand and then complain about "it does not work"?

Thank you, you were right. I originally had the same problem but was using 64 bit. I looked through other threads to try and fix it, some said to turn certain settings on. It still didn't work, so I switched to 32 bit and must of turned those settings on again. I apologize for wasting your time to help me (but thank you very much for doing so).
(07-29-2011, 08:54 AM)Shadowpsyke Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 07:58 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
Please help if you can!

Thank you, you were right. I originally had the same problem but was using 64 bit. I looked through other threads to try and fix it, some said to turn certain settings on. It still didn't work, so I switched to 32 bit and must of turned those settings on again. I apologize for wasting your time to help me (but thank you very much for doing so).

No problem. Nevertheless, it seems you have problems with certain graphic settings (esp. shaders) on your hardware. Can you give us more details about your graphics hardware, drivers, settings in JPCSP? Thanks.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit