This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games that still have issues with saving
(05-17-2011, 10:30 AM)andutrache Wrote: i like how you assumed that everything was fixed and grayed them all out.
Tekken 6 still errors the same and Wipeout Pure still can't load, but hey it fixes SFA3 so **** everything else.

Oh, don't be a baby. Read what I said underneath. Marking them all as fixed since a change was made that should have fixed these cases. And since 2/4 were confirmed addressed, the others were probably fixed as well.

We need confirmation that a problem still exists after this revision and then they'll be reopened and investigated further. Don't you know anything about game testing? Tongue
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Yes i know something about game testing actually Smile since i beta tested a lot of them (PC games i mean), i also test problematic games here too and on the PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator) Forums.

I also know this : NEVER ASSUME A PROBLEM IS FIXED UNTIL YOU TEST TO MAKE SURE .

How many games have you tested ? Tongue
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
[/b]
(05-18-2011, 12:48 AM)andutrache Wrote: Yes i know something about game testing actually Smile since i beta tested a lot of them (PC games i mean), i also test problematic games here too and on the PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator) Forums.

I also know this : NEVER ASSUME A PROBLEM IS FIXED UNTIL YOU TEST TO MAKE SURE .

How many games have you tested ? Tongue

Professionally, over a hundred, mostly for Xbox LIVE Arcade. I worked at a 3rd party testing house for about 4 years and am just wrapping up my first contract at MS.

Non-work related (PC, emulated)...probably hundreds and hundreds...way too many since about 1998 when Nesticle sparked my gaming passion again! Tongue

Anyway, when a dev thinks[b] they've resolved some bugs with a change, they mark them as fixed, and the tester verifies the fix and then closes the bug if indeed fixed or reactivates the bug if it still repros. That is the process. In the case here, I just marked them (greyed) as "fixed". And based on feedback, would either reopen them as I did or just wipe the whole thing out entirely.

Yes, I am selfish and care mostly about SFA3, but I'm not a jerk....we'll not that big of one at least. Smile
Your process of marking issues is invalid :
1. A developer finds a fix for a similar problem in 3 games and he only has "GAME 1";
2. He tests GAME 1 and sees that he fixed the problem of that game;
3. He waits for feedback from the users who posted about GAME 2 and GAME 3;
4. If the feedback is positive(issue fixed in GAME 2 and GAME 3 as well) he closes the issue;
5. If not the issue remains open until a cause/fix is found for GAME 2 and GAME 3.
This is how issues go about.

And thanks for calling me a jerk, now go back to playing SFA3 and developing Windows 8/Next (since you work at MS).

L.E: Just noticed : You tested over a hundred games and didn't know this ?!?!?!? *SIGH*.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
(05-18-2011, 04:46 PM)andutrache Wrote: Your process of marking issues is invalid :
1. A developer finds a fix for a similar problem in 3 games and he only has "GAME 1";
2. He tests GAME 1 and sees that he fixed the problem of that game;
3. He waits for feedback from the users who posted about GAME 2 and GAME 3;
4. If the feedback is positive(issue fixed in GAME 2 and GAME 3 as well) he closes the issue;
5. If not the issue remains open until a cause/fix is found for GAME 2 and GAME 3.
This is how issues go about.

And thanks for calling me a jerk, now go back to playing SFA3 and developing Windows 8/Next (since you work at MS).

L.E: Just noticed : You tested over a hundred games and didn't know this ?!?!?!? *SIGH*.

Dude, you're missing the point - the difference between marking something as "fixed" (or greyed in this case) and "closing" the actual reported bug (or in this case, delete this game list in that post saying everything is perfect now).

This is the typical bug flow/cycle:
- Bug identified and logged
- Dev makes a change, submits a build to test team
- Dev marks bug as fixed in the database
- Test team runs through the bug and either closes it out or reopens the bug and reports that it's still occuring on so-so build.
- Rinse and repeat until bug is closed

Anyway, this is getting rediculous. First, you're not reading/ comprehending anything that I'm writing here. So this will just never end with you. I'm done arguing after this and getting insulted. I know the process, ok, and you have proven you do not and I could care less about trying to prove it to you anymore.

I've been nothing but accomodating and as helpful as I can here and all you've done is attack me every step of the way for nothing. I greyed out the only 2 games left that hadn't been verified fixed and said for you guys to let me know if those TWO are fixed or not so I can reopen if neccessary. And all of a sudden, I'm a prick that does not care? Wow. I even promptly "reopened" those games for tracking purposes instead of just going on my merry way. If you took a step back and looked at everything that I've done and said here, you'd see that.

And no one called you a jerk Mr. Sensitive...quit reading into things. Just because I said I was not a jerk (as you've continual insenuated), in no way implies that I was calling you one. If anything, I was slamming myself there. How do you not see that?
If you want me to not read into things then don't write things that can be misinterpreted.
OK so i have my way of thinking and you have yours and we'll leave it at that.

Also i'm sorry i insulted you ,it is VERY bad habit of mine to jump to conclusions.