This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(07-05-2012, 01:28 AM)MadCabbit Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 08:30 PM)hyakki Wrote: yeah the boss battle transition glass effect is very slow, you just have to wait it out , if you are in fullscreen mode restart in normal window mode, you could also try to toggle stencil test as the game is running though that will break the fight menus and sometimes they wont comeback if you toggle the option again..

so the best option is just wait for it to complete, unfortunately stencil test is extremely heavy on the gpu with some effects and the bigger the window the more stress on the gpu.

if you have any other font problems you will need to copy the fonts off your psp and replace the ones in the jpcsp flash0 folder.
Does using the fonts from a PSP also fix font issues in the latest revision?

Unfortunately, it looks like r2490 is still the best to use. I can use Stencil test and "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" together in that, and not in r2535 and current. Replacing fonts seems to help r2535, but not current. The problem is, without "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory", the graphics aren't as smooth as with it, and I have some tearing issues. Hopefully, whatever they broke with fonts will get fixed at some point, as well as Stencil Test and "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" being able to be used at the same time.

I have tried everything you have listed in this post and I am STILL unable to get the dialogue to show up at all. I am very certain this is a problem plaguing AMD/ATI users only. Does it matter than I'm using 64-bit Java and JPCSP? Would using 32-bit change anything? Or what about using Java 7?

I'm very frustrated with this since bought this 7850 very recently, and want JPCSP pretty much for this game only. :/
(07-05-2012, 01:28 AM)MadCabbit Wrote: Unfortunately, it looks like r2490 is still the best to use. I can use Stencil test and "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" together in that, and not in r2535 and current.
Does it mean that r2491 broke the Stencil Test? or could you identify which specific version?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I think he meant he could enable both options 'stencil test' and 'Save ge to textures' in r2490 (save ge to textures would give a speedup), both options used to be compatible (and could be enabled at once) now when they are enabled you will get a half screen effect, The actual dialog text stopped working in r2536, so two separate issues here Smile

r2535 still had the same incompatibility with Save GE to textures so that's probably another issue introduced before, the dialog text still worked in r2535 though (r2536 is what permanently broke stencil), when you comment out re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST); in the latest revision it will bring the dialog text back.

However I would also like to see it compatible with the Save GE screen to texture option again so ill try to narrow the revision that broke in, i'll start with r2490 :p

r2593 normal
Stencil Test

Stencil Test + Save GE to Textures. (half screen effect)

-----
r2593 modified with re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST) commented out (introduced in r2536) (fixes dialog text)
Stencil Test

Stencil Test + Save GE to Textures. (half screen effect)

r2490,r2491 = working with save ge to textures + stencil (no half screen effect).

r2492+ = broke with save ge to textures + stencil (introduced the half screen bug)

Can someone tell me what is this "re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST)" because e dont know to modify.
(07-05-2012, 06:59 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2593 modified with re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST) commented out (introduced in r2536) (fixes dialog text)

Any chance you could post your copy of the emulator with that change? Or even just the modified file?
(07-05-2012, 06:59 AM)hyakki Wrote: when you comment out re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST); in the latest revision it will bring the dialog text back.

Unfortunately, when I do this in the latest revision, even with fonts from a PSP, I still am missing text.
Selecting only "software rendering" as you suggested fixed my missing text problem. Thank you!!!

(04-22-2012, 12:34 PM)lewkis Wrote: After going through all 27 pages of the thread, and trying any solution I could, I finally got everything to appear using only the software rendering option. Only problem is that the game runs at about 20-25 fps outside of battle.

I was finally able to do some testing today with both of my computers.

Computer 1:
Intel i7-950
ASUS Rampage III Gene
12GB DDR3
ASUS GTX 670

Computer 2:
Intel i5-3570K
ASUS P8H77-I
8GB DDR3
XFX Radeon 7850

Both systems are running Windows 7 Pro x64, Java 6u33 x64, and JPCSP x64.

Computer 1 will show the dialogue EXACTLY as hyakki has described in his recent post here. All the specific revisions he mentioned work as described.

Computer 2 will not show the dialogue at all. Nothing seems to work.

It seems like a compatibility issue between the AMD cards and the emulators. It seems like there is nothing we can do, except wait for the devs to deal with it or purchase an Nvidia card.

For those able to run the game: use revision 2491. You can enable saving GE to texture and stencil test at the same time to run the game at a much higher framerate (I can run at 60fps constant.)
I was running 2491 with a Nvidia card and I was still not getting text but, I found out that if you don't change the frame skip that the text will show up while changing the frame skip will make the text disappear and you wont be able to get it back unless you reset.
Since i have an AMD processor, i can't see the in game text no matter what i do, but i have noticed that the best performace otherwise is achieved by checking only software rendering.... If someone finds a solution for AMD users, please message me ASAP!