This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
play it on your psp then.

whining about something you take for granted is dumb, even on internet.
i don't own a psp as many in the forum already know

(11-14-2011, 12:15 AM)bugmenot Wrote: play it on your psp then.

(11-14-2011, 12:23 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: i don't own a psp as many in the forum already know

(11-14-2011, 12:15 AM)bugmenot Wrote: play it on your psp then.

Not to be mean but beggars can't be choosers. Either deal with it or buy a psp.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(11-13-2011, 09:37 PM)hyakki Wrote: you need to post a log when you have problems like this, luckily I have a save at the levitation encounter so I can make a log this time.

you can revert to an older version of the emulator if you want this scene to work.

r2378 - invalid memory when the levitation movie is supposed to play.
(sometimes the first intro movie also gets an invalid memory error)
Is it possible to identify which version broke this game?
I suspect one of these: r2369, r2365, r2340, r2264-r2286

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
ill try to narrow it down.

looks like its either r2346 or r2347 that caused the bug (unless r2340 was just a fluke and happened to work cause of the java errors)

r2364 - broken
r2357 - broken
r2350 - broken
r2348 - broken
r2347 - (menu crash)
r2345 - working (tested twice)
r2340 - (untestable - game doesnt start)
r2337-r2338 - build error
r2335 - working
r2310 - working (broken stencil)
r2255 - working
(11-14-2011, 11:23 AM)hyakki Wrote: ill try to narrow it down.

looks like its either r2346 or r2347 that caused the bug (unless r2340 was just a fluke and happened to work cause of the java errors)

r2364 - broken
r2357 - broken
r2350 - broken
r2348 - broken
r2347 - (menu crash)
r2345 - working (tested twice)
r2340 - (untestable - game doesnt start)
r2337-r2338 - build error
r2335 - working
r2310 - working (broken stencil)
r2255 - working
Thank you for the extensive testing.
Hmmm, that could be a timing problem as r2346 improved the performance of syscalls.
Does enabling the DEBUG log change the behavior in the latest release? If the problem disappears when enabling the DEBUG log, then this is definitively a timing issue. If not, could you post the DEBUG log, I just need a few seconds before the memory ERROR.

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
nope still gets an invalid memory error with debug log on.
here is a debug log(debuglog.rar), I had to disable "ThreadManForUser" in the custom log section since it would never stop, it was making 600 meg logs and after 10 mins I decided to relog with that option disabled. :p

Also included a sample log with that enabled.(log-debug-wthreadmanforuser.rar)

Attached Files
.rar   debuglog.rar (Size: 96.54 KB / Downloads: 84)
.rar   log-debug-wthreadmanforuser.rar (Size: 64.52 KB / Downloads: 106)
ok since this is a known issue how do i bypass the cutscene then for the leviathin encounter. i know there is a way to bypass cutscenes/in game movies how do i enable it in the config settings.
Text works (?) with... AMD?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/ff4txt.png/

Catalyst 11.11. Only GE / Shaders / Dynamic Shader Gen. / Shader Implementation of Stencil Test.

r2391.

But with 2391 battle transitions and battle backgrounds are broken. (Mess of pixels.)
I'm using R2390 with NV cards.
My setting is GE/Shaders/Geometry Shader/Stecil Test
Got some graphic glitch (broken shadow aroud character) and battle font are broken sometimes.(dont show damage...etc)
Leviathin encounter are broken too(R2390/R2393)