This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
Hykem,
Despite what it seems, we appreciate your efforts fixing stencil test and getting this game working. Don't let discouraging comments like this get to you.

To non-devs,
Please understand that these are nightly builds and due to their experimental nature, they shouldn't be expected to be 100% working.
Hi all, just discovered this forum and emulator.
I'm a french fan of all final fantasy and don't have my psp able to have a TV out, so when i'm home i apreciate to play psp game on big screen because of your great work and first thank for this and all the community \o/

I have made some test and finally have FF 4 working pretty well on r2175 but i'm not abble to play on full screen, and that's the first interrest i look for jpcsp Wink

Here is what i have : Text are well placed, but the screen is just the bottom left of the original display :

[Image: imagetestff4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It starts up with 2334 and goes in-game looking fine, but it's slow as nails, and there is no music.

Is the music not emulated for this game?..
Music works fine as long as you use the 32bit version and have the media engine / sonic stage option enabled. as for speed I guess that depends on your computer speed and video card.
I do have them enabled.. do I need to download a sonic stage package or something?

Any tips to speed this thing up? It's running like half-speed. It's an i7 (quad core), very slow clock at like 1.6ghz (it's got speedstep to much faster, but I really don't think that works properly.) NVidia Geforce GT 230M. PCSX2 and Dolphin run games at full speed - or faster if I turn off limiting.

Thanks for your help!
yeah you need to install sonic stage for proper audio support.
as for options there are really only a few that work with this game, you need the stencil test option since that fixes the text (most likely the cause for the slowdown) , and that's mostly incompatible with "save ge screen to texture" option (in turn gives the most speed up), so basically the only options you can mess with are Only GE graphics and vertex cache.

also you need to restart the emulator each time you change an option since they don't take effect while a game is running.
Same issue here with the slowdown. Sound is fine, but as you've already said Stencil has to be enabled for the text to appear. Any idea on a timetable for a game like this to be fully-playable or are there some PSP titles that just can't be emulated to 100%?
it depends on the users pc & video card, I can play this game at a mostly constant 30fps (full speed) using the settings i posted in the first post.

I only have a c2d cpu, but my video card is pretty powerful (Geforce 9800 GTX+)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have the same video card. What are your settings? I don't know if what's saved in earlier pages is what is finalized for this build of jcpcsp.
I found an issue that I haven't seen mentioned before, using the latest build(2334). In combat most enemies do not act, they simply stand there waiting to get slaughtered, damage numbers are also hidden for some reason(most of the time). I do not know if this is the case with other builds since I just got it working(with the speed I find acceptable). Has anyone else noticed this?