This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
I tried ver 2239 and result still same with one video option enabled (Enable saving GE screen) game runs close to perfect can even zoom 3x and smooth except missing npc dialog text and during battle fps down to half 20-30fps.

Seems to me the game normal speed is 60fps. Is there a setting to run the game at 30fps and not slowing down?
I'm using v. 2239 with a Radeon 5830 and facing all the same problems other users have been mentioning (no text if I turn off stencils, incredibly slow battles/spells, slow movement, graphical glitches etc).

Has anyone found out a way of addressing these issues with ATI cards? Scanning the thread I have only seen fixes for one issue at a time rather than broad base fixes.
So Using the latest JPCSP build 2259 plus the configuration suggested by the OP the game runs with no glitches, all the menus work and the sounds. Only issue is speed...the game runs at an average 24-30FPS and it should be running at around 50-60FPS Not sure if this will be addresses in upcoming builds just wanted to let everyone know.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.4GHz
2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
I think this is playable now...
Tested with latest ver 2263 same problem for me...
(08-12-2011, 02:10 PM)edk Wrote: Tested with latest ver 2263 same problem for me...

This seems to be the case for NVIDIA users, but I have yet to see a clearly playable fix for Radeon users... Does one chipset make it playable?
I only have shaders enabled and Stencil Test enabled and works fine...

Slow downs for me only happen during highly animated spells but battles seem to be fine.
Well my main problem is that I can't get any picture when enabling stencil test. Also when I turn stencil test on, there is no text in game. Am I right to think that enabling stencil test means that the text will be visible in game?

Edit: For me, it seems that the game plays with stencil test when GE Graphics is disabled yet it is still slow as hell and there is no dialogue text in game. It seems that enabling stencil test didn't fix this no text issue but maybe it needs to be enabled with GE Graphics to work.

I don't know... It doesn't seem worth the hassle to play a game over 20 years old. I think i've wasted about 3 hours of my life trying to fix this issue Sad.

Attached Files
.txt   FF4 - log.txt (Size: 15.05 KB / Downloads: 62)
r2293 game just hangs at spinning blue crystal. doesn't go any further then that.
(08-28-2011, 12:51 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: r2293 game just hangs at spinning blue crystal. doesn't go any further then that.

Hmm...
Could you please check which revision caused this? Does it still happen before r2291? Thanks! Smile