This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(09-25-2012, 08:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: here is a new profiler.txt, I reset it right before the battle screen and closed the emulator right after
Edit:
I added another profiler from another boss scene it seems to be slightly different instead of _S1_2_88F8DD0 , _S1_2_8A20374 was higher % this time)

(btw when Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory the screen loads 50% faster (still slow though), but turning that on breaks the color mask / stencil test option needed for the text :p)
I've seen that these scenes are mainly using indexed vertices (GU_INDEX_xxx):
Code:
GU_TEXTURE_32BITF|GU_NORMAL_32BITF|GU_VERTEX_32BITF|GU_INDEX_8BIT|GU_TRANSFORM_3D size=32: used 224556 times in PRIM, average 1030.1 per GE list
This is not implemented efficiently in Jpcsp and probably the reason for the slowdown. Does using the Vertex cache help? You can just try to enable it during this scene.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(09-27-2012, 07:03 AM)gid15 Wrote: This is not implemented efficiently in Jpcsp and probably the reason for the slowdown. Does using the Vertex cache help? You can just try to enable it during this scene.
Vertex cache doesn't help much either on / off, Save GE to textures is the only option that helps, but messing with that option causes some problems. (in this game w/ color mask)

here are some short videos showing various options
Code:
r2740 unmodified -
tested using vertex cache, color mask and Save GE to textures (when you see it go back to the loading screen I restarted jpcsp I just paused the video while i did it)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtwnog_stock_videogames

r2740M modified - with the modified code I posted above (fixed the half screen)
tested using, color mask and Save GE to textures
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtwnve_modified_videogames

btw, the modified way works good, I don't think its correct or the best way to do it, but it's sufficient for this game, I was looking at that function and it was resizing 480x272 to 512x512 and somehow that causes / triggers the half screen effect (when combined with color mask), I still need to check what it does when Color Mask is turned off.
text don't appear as usual!! is enabling da shaders only choice cuz wen i do fps sharply decreases n messy graphics, plz help, ty!!
you can try software rendering if your card doesn't support shaders properly, hardware mode requires shaders.
thx a lot!! rlly grateful 2 u! i think u were right my Graphics card doesn't support shaders my Graphics card is old, Nvidia 8400 gs!! Sad software rendering is litt slow but its fine!! playable!!Smile
Did anybody test this game with ge graphics enabled ?
It seems to not mess with text or anything while making the game look prettier
Also I read some time ago that it crash when some sea monster appears or something similiar lol
Has that been fixed ?
(10-10-2012, 04:48 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Did anybody test this game with ge graphics enabled ?
It seems to not mess with text or anything while making the game look prettier
Also I read some time ago that it crash when some sea monster appears or something similiar lol
Has that been fixed ?

Only GE graphics doesn't fix the dialog text. (see screens)
The sea monster bug still happens randomly enable ignore invalid memory is usually enough to get past it.

Only GE

Color Mask (No Save GE to textures)

Modified revision Smile
Stencil test + Save GE to Textures (this makes the battle menus solid, plus a little speedup with save ge to textures (helpful on boss battles))

.zip   stencilpatch.zip (Size: 742 bytes / Downloads: 112)
I feel like a complete noob lol but what is this stencil patch exactly and how do I apply it ?
Do I need to compile jpcsp with it or what ?
And of course I meant ge graphics+color mask it seems to be best combination ( text shows up and game looks better almost as good as save ge to textures )
(10-10-2012, 09:12 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I feel like a complete noob lol but what is this stencil patch exactly and how do I apply it ?
Do I need to compile jpcsp with it or what ?
And of course I meant ge graphics+color mask it seems to be best combination ( text shows up and game looks better almost as good as save ge to textures )

You need the jpcsp source (a way to compile), then you can use a program called 'patch' (GNU patch or similar usually comes with a svn or git client)
to apply the patch
patch -p0 -i stencilfix.patch
to revert a patch
patch -p0 -R -i stencilfix.patch
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around these forums for a while and decided to give PSP emulation a try because I want to play FFIV again, and the PSP version is simply the best available at this time, IMHO (I don't like the DS remake's 3D graphics, which kill the old-school gameplay for me).

I ran into the same problem as many others: Everything runs fine except for those empty dialog boxes.

hyakki, I really appreciate what you've done so far in helping us getting through the problem with the stencil patch. However, for those of us who don't play with codes and patches, it's quite a step to get the source code by ourselves and patch it. Is there any alternative? Could a kind spirit build an AMD64 version with this patch enabled? I really want to try this game again and relive the epic story.

Thanks so much for everyone's dedication so far. This is a nice community!