This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULUS10566
(02-01-2018, 05:52 PM)DragonNeos Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 04:33 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:40 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: 1) On SAVEDATA screens where the date is located on the lower left, the format doesn't follow MM-DD-YYYY (1st Screenshot).
The date should be displayed as "2/1/2018" instead of "02/1/2018", right?
Yes, single-digit months and days should be listed as M-D-YYYY instead of MM-DD-YYYY.
I've now changed the date format to single digit day and month (52f144e). YYYY/M/D, M/D/YYYY and D/M/YYYY are now displayed in the region settings (6cf530e).

(02-01-2018, 05:44 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:40 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: 2) Between revision 746d36a to current master, the On-Screen Keyboard (not using flash0 files) doesn't properly appear. When pressing a button that will prompt the On-Screen Keyboard to show up, it flashes on the screen for less than a second before acting like I confirmed the name entry even though I didn't type or press anything.
Hmmm, I could not reproduce this issue... could you please try to delete your Settings.properties file and see if there is any change? Otherwise I would need a log file at DEBUG level...

Thank you!
Are you using a controller or the keyboard to trigger the display of the OSK? I have no issue with the keyboard, but I've not tried a controller...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
After checking my keyboard and Settings.properties file several more times, it was a false alarm from my end (no actual issue with the OSK).
General Issues:

1) sceUtility font size should be adjusted to be closer to the PSP. On the 5th Screenshot (JPCSP), the text "GAME DATA" should be larger and everything else should be reduced in size so it doesn't look so squished in comparison to the 2nd Screenshot (PSP). Comparing the 3rd Screenshot (PSP) and 6th Screenshot (JPCSP), the question "Do you want to overwrite the data?" should be more aligned to the left. The font size of the other text should be reduced slightly.

With regards to SAVEDATA, how is the capacity calculated? The PSP calculates the SAVEDATA as 352 KB (DISSIDIA.BIN 252 KB + 100 KB (Unknown) = 352 KB). JPCSP just chooses to add all the items in the folder to get 278 KB (DISSIDIA.BIN 252 KB + ICON0.PNG 5 KB + PARAM.SFO 21 KB = 278 KB). However, when listing the capacity on the lower left side, JPCSP lists the capacity of the SAVEDATA as 320 KB (off by 32 KB compared to the PSP).

PSP:

JPCSP:

2) Not all games update the timestamp of any image file that is in the SAVEDATA. Both games in the Dissidia series choose to leave the ICON0.PNG file alone. JPCSP and PPSSPP update all files in the respective folder for every game. How does the PSP check whether or not to update the timestamp of the image file or does the game initiate a command to do so during the save process?

PSP:

JPCSP:

Graphics and Performance Issues:
A lot of hair textures and parts of costumes such as capes are not rendering correctly in battle or in cutscenes no matter what settings are used. The audio and subtitles in cutscenes are not in sync which seems to be a performance issue tied to FPS. As mentioned in a previous post, revision 3586 (d237620) was the last one without graphics issues on the environment. Starting with revision 3587 (bd71f28), a lot of graphical artifacts cover the whole screen.

On the External Software Renderer, vertical lines appear on the center of a character's face and even less textures are rendered on the character models. Some graphical artifacts appear on the background and the clouds are not as detailed as the PSP rendering.

JPCSP r3586 Settings (OpenGL):
Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

JPCSP r1dad8448 Settings (OpenGL):
Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

JPCSP r1dad8448 (External Software Renderer):

PPSSPP v1.5.4-933-g386c9d4fc (OpenGL):