This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
I just commited r2100, which brings a couple of more additional long wanted changes.
First, the resolution menu is gone (it wasn't doing anything properly anyway). Anti-aliasing is back, but is off by default, and a new resolution management is reimplemented alongside with this new anti-aliasing option.
To find these, just go to Configuration > Video and change the values for Anti-aliasing and Resolution.

Beware that Anti-aliasing may not be supported by your graphics card (which resulted in several cases of black screens, back when this was implemented for the first time), or the number of samples you want to set may be higher than the number allowed by your graphics card (you can choose between x4, x8 or x16 of multisampling). If you get a black screen by using this, just leave it off and it will go back to normal.
This should be interesting to test when and which cards do support this feature.

As for the resolutions, these now do change your screen's actual resolution, but they have to use Java's full-screen exclusive mode as it's the only supported method to allow this graphical switch. Again, this may probably trigger some OS conflicts which need to be investigated.

So, just change these options and they will take effect the next time you start JPCSP. Better yet, JPCSP will only switch into the desired resolution with anti-alias after you load your game. Big Grin
Tested it on FFBig Grinissidia, anti-aliasing worked fine on my Mobility Radeon HD 4670, so did anisotropic filtering, menus were perfectly ok using native resolution (1920x1080) and full screen, but ingame the game still only renders a small close-up of the terrain (as in, it's totally fudged up Tongue).

Still, it's progress, thanks for adding the AA and anisotropic filtering options!
(04-25-2011, 07:51 PM)Finzy Wrote: Tested it on FFBig Grinissidia, anti-aliasing worked fine on my Mobility Radeon HD 4670, so did anisotropic filtering, menus were perfectly ok using native resolution (1920x1080) and full screen, but ingame the game still only renders a small close-up of the terrain (as in, it's totally fudged up Tongue).

Still, it's progress, thanks for adding the AA and anisotropic filtering options!

Ah yes, the viewport also needs to be rescaled so the 3D matches the resolution.
Adding it right now. Thanks for testing! Smile
(04-25-2011, 07:28 PM)Hykem Wrote: I just commited r2100, which brings a couple of more additional long wanted changes.
First, the resolution menu is gone (it wasn't doing anything properly anyway). Anti-aliasing is back, but is off by default, and a new resolution management is reimplemented alongside with this new anti-aliasing option.
To find these, just go to Configuration > Video and change the values for Anti-aliasing and Resolution.

Beware that Anti-aliasing may not be supported by your graphics card (which resulted in several cases of black screens, back when this was implemented for the first time), or the number of samples you want to set may be higher than the number allowed by your graphics card (you can choose between x4, x8 or x16 of multisampling). If you get a black screen by using this, just leave it off and it will go back to normal.
This should be interesting to test when and which cards do support this feature.

As for the resolutions, these now do change your screen's actual resolution, but they have to use Java's full-screen exclusive mode as it's the only supported method to allow this graphical switch. Again, this may probably trigger some OS conflicts which need to be investigated.

So, just change these options and they will take effect the next time you start JPCSP. Better yet, JPCSP will only switch into the desired resolution with anti-alias after you load your game. Big Grin

Nice to see another update on all this! Still not working quite right though.

If I have the resolution set to ANYTHING other than native, I get taken to a full screen black screen immediately after selecting a iso. I'm stuck there and cannot select "RUN". Clicking in the window and pressing F4 which i initiatlly need to do to get to the iso selector does not work at this point. This occurs with any AA options set or the "exclusive fullscreen" option ticked or not. Something is wrong there. If i use Native, I can select my game, window stays small and then I can press RUN can chose when to go fullscreen.

Also, what about Bilinear filtering?? My ugly sprites need smoothing! Smile
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(04-26-2011, 02:51 AM)legend80 Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 07:28 PM)Hykem Wrote: I just commited r2100, which brings a couple of more additional long wanted changes.

Nice to see another update on all this! Still not working quite right though.

If I have the resolution set to ANYTHING other than native, I get taken to a full screen black screen immediately after selecting a iso. I'm stuck there and cannot select "RUN". Clicking in the window and pressing F4 which i initiatlly need to do to get to the iso selector does not work at this point. This occurs with any AA options set or the "exclusive fullscreen" option ticked or not. Something is wrong there. If i use Native, I can select my game, window stays small and then I can press RUN can chose when to go fullscreen.

Also, what about Bilinear filtering?? My ugly sprites need smoothing! Smile

The same here, altough i think its a simple problem for Hykem to solve. Why dont you let the menu be called while in fullscreen? Or at least the run button or a shortcut key to the RUN option? The AA arent working in fullscreen also. Dont notice if its working in window mode... i think not.
idk if its possible but maybe you could do like Visual Boy Advanced had when in full screen and Press Esc to hide/show the menu(So run, open, stop and all of those just not the title bar)

Edit: On a side note i will soon be able to play JPCSP to its full potential. gonna have an Amd Phenom II 955? 3.2 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 440 1GB, 8 GB of ram, and still Windows 7 64 bit Big Grin
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
I also have the same problem! Maybe they should create a shortcut key for the "RUN" option so we can actually enjoy the game in full screen.
(04-26-2011, 02:51 AM)legend80 Wrote: Also, what about Bilinear filtering?? My ugly sprites need smoothing! Smile

I think anisotropic filtering smoothes sprites as well, at least when I enabled it, it did exactly that (in menus).
(04-26-2011, 07:46 AM)Finzy Wrote:
(04-26-2011, 02:51 AM)legend80 Wrote: Also, what about Bilinear filtering?? My ugly sprites need smoothing! Smile

I think anisotropic filtering smoothes sprites as well, at least when I enabled it, it did exactly that (in menus).

AA only affects 3d, bilinear only affects 2d. I think that's right?
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Ummm... tested the Anisotropic Filter and its great! Kudos!
The graphics becames a little blurred, but its much better than the pixelated ones. It makes me wonder how the people of PCSX2 can make upscale without blurring anything.... that emulator is really good and this one here are begining to became a great name too.

Thanks again Hykem!