This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
More work has been done for JPCSP's full-screen mode in r2097. This is still very experimental, so it's somewhat hidden to avoid misusage, for now.

If you still wish to give it a try and enable full-screen exclusive mode in JPCSP, there's now an additional option under Configuration > General that when checked will lauch JPCSP in full-screen on the following runs. However, this will launch a completely undecorated grey window, so there won't be much you can do there.

The trick is to press F4 to switch back to a normal sized, with menus but no borders, window (a bit hackish, I know Tongue). There, you can load and run your game and press F4 again to switch back to full-screen. Of course, this is only possible when starting JPCSP in full-screen from the beggining. Also, this time, full-screen is really changing the screen's resolution. Big Grin

The goal will be to come up with a way to get rid of the unecessary switches each time you want to load a different game, but, again, Java doesn't really help here... Undecided
Just tested out this new feature altough.. no luck.

After I start the JPCSP in fullscreen mode, I get a BLACK SCREEN not gray. I press F4 and I see exactly what u described there. I load my game, and when I press F4 again to get in fullscreen mode, My screen goes black again :/ , altough I still see the mouse cursor (a huge one at that) . Could it be that my monitor doesn't support the 640x480 or what resolution the fullscreen is using? If so is there any way for me to configure it?
(04-21-2011, 08:24 PM)AzKat Wrote: Just tested out this new feature altough.. no luck.

After I start the JPCSP in fullscreen mode, I get a BLACK SCREEN not gray. I press F4 and I see exactly what u described there. I load my game, and when I press F4 again to get in fullscreen mode, My screen goes black again :/ , altough I still see the mouse cursor (a huge one at that) . Could it be that my monitor doesn't support the 640x480 or what resolution the fullscreen is using? If so is there any way for me to configure it?

Hmm, yes. That's probably the issue.

However, JPCSP should only go full-screen if it is supported by your screen (it checks for that before).
Could you please post your screen's and graphic card's specs? I suspect there may be some incompatibility that the Java API is not parsing properly... Undecided

Fortunately, under full-screen exclusive, any resolution can be set, so it's just a matter of finding one that's good for everyone. The current one is 800x600 with 32-bit color depth and 60hz of refresh ratio.
(04-21-2011, 08:24 PM)AzKat Wrote: Just tested out this new feature altough.. no luck.

same here, the monitor supports the resolution if you can see the mouse cursor , sometimes when you press F4 to switch back and forth you can quickly see the gfx fullscreen before it goes to window mode..
I thought maybe it was dual monitors causing it not to display ..but tried disabling one and still no luck :p

btw i get a grey or white screen even after the game is loaded when fullscreen mode
also tried disabling desktop composition and visual themes since thats known to cause bugs with exclusive mode fullscreen
Hykem,

Same here, current specs:

Graphics: Zotac GeForce GTX470 AMP
Driver: 270.61
Resolution: 1024x768@85Hz
Hmm...
I've sucessfully ran this with PSPong and no settings defined. Could someone please check if it's possible to run this setup in their machine? Thanks!
Hmm...Problem with black screen - Aero there, disable it. Big Grin
Unfortunately it's changed to gray screen. Big Grin
(04-21-2011, 08:46 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: Hmm...Problem with black screen - Aero there, disable it. Big Grin

Uh oh... Confused
Is it fully working after disabling it?
disabling aero (desktop composition) will make the screen grey instead :p
tried pong but same, game works when F4 out just not in fullscreen

attch screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

it's working just fine for me in full screen, though i'm not really digging the 4:3 resolution for widescreen games.

edit: oh, specs.

graphics: geforce fx 9500 gt
driver: 270.61
resolution: 1920x1080@60Hz

theme's the regular grey classic one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)