This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
requirments for jpcsp for full speed
(11-05-2010, 02:09 AM)OneHitGamer Wrote: Lol you just said the same thing i said dude. if a country doesn't enforce it, then your clear. read ALL of my posts before jackin your jaw. and NO, copyright laws are not like any other law. they just allow publishers to pursue someone if they so choose to. a law, no matter who breaks it, you are punished. but NO ONE, not even a judge can punish a person for copy infringement unless the copyright holder states they wish to pursue it.

USA centric? me talking about the worst place on earth for copyright laws.....wow. you didn't read anything i wrote did you? lol.
Copyright laws are not like standard laws. they are in place to allow developers to take action. again, since you didn't read, this is why a police officer cannot arrest you if he see's you selling a copyrighted material. he can report it, bout it. tis facts my lady.

And no one said DA "built" the firmware, i said he started from the ground up and wrote his own code to emulate features of official FW. since Sony threatened him for touching there official code. and this was a QJ interview with DA himself. not a random THOUGHT they had.

DAMNIT MAN! READ FIRST!

-Sketch
Your Dad.

If you want to rant about whether or not copyright laws are actually laws then make a new thread since what you guys are arguing about has nothing to do with this thread's topic.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Please do not tell me that people cannot have intelligent conversations here without some poster butting in and starting a flame war. not a good first impression...

You tellin me? i replied to others who first spoke of what was legal or not. sooooo i think you mean to aim that towards them. as im REPLYING to a topic. the topic is allowed to shift in and out as its a MESSAGE board. but when butt nuggets who come in and began insulting people or bashing, instead of having a mature conversation, these are the ones who need to obey board rules. not us who are conversing about something that was mentioned in the first few posts. come in, state your opinion or what have yah, leave. do not come into someone elses topic and began arguing or bashing. if you do, then you will recieve it back 10 times that of what you gave.

Attacking me or trying to treat me like im stupid, will get you nothing but debunked and you being called a butt nugget.....because everyone knows that calling someone else a butt nugget is funny. duh.

Anyways, back on topic of post or at least someone that has something to offer what has been spoken of here post some valuable info. im stll trying to find the old interview with DA about what i have spoken of....[in reply of others who spoke on the subject BEFORE i did]

-Sketch
Your Dad's Dad.
Change of pace:

Back to the original poster on full speed of the emu.
I hadnt seen anyone state this yet but im sure no matter what speed machine you have you will not get full speed. as the speed of your machine of course does matter, but in its current dev state, its mainly the emulator that will slow you down. of course over a time period the devs will improve, speed up and add compatibility and THIS is whats key to making the emu full speed or at least close to it.

I ponder which does this emu most rely on....some rely on GFX card, some rely on mainly CPU power...interested in finding out what hardware this Java emu mainly focuses on. im guessing combo of CPU and GFX.
He doesn't emulate the firmware or anything. That's impossible. Now stop being obnoxious, watch your tone, you've been warned.
A law is a law. But when you do something against a law, it could be a crime in some countries, or just an offense or an infraction. And police officers don't have to act on everything, they have a mission and they stick to it usually.

Onto the topic, Jpcsp cares about CPU, GFX, and RAM speed. OMG it covers everything !
But what it cares the most is accuracy, speed isn't really important for now, or at least until we make all games playable.
lol most comments are completly off topic xD

thanks for the reply's tho Smile il wait for the nex revion to see if speed has been increased (and hopes for graphics upgrade in the emulator)

i guess i can be a tester in some way because of my pc so il update nwhen a new revision is out for the people who are interested if the game they wanna play even can be played at full speed.
No one said he emulated the firmware....PAY ATTETION if you care to comment. emulate firmware FEATURES. woman.

Topic:
Im certain different pc setups will give different results. so reporting anything to the devs bug wise would be good to do i suppose.
I have ran this emu on a dual core 1.9ghz geforce 8600 512mb 2 gb ram and on an intel i7 2.9 ghz 3gb ram with ati 4850 1gb gfx and havent seen an ounce of difference. so like the Lady said, its all about accuracy right now and not just speed. with future updates im sure we will see improvements on all sides. i ponder why devs chose Java to program it though and not another language? uh oh! new topic.

-Sketch
Orphis's Pimp.
It's the same thing and it's still not an emulation or anything close.
You had been warned, once, you're still being rude to an admin, enjoy your free time now...
He banned you because you were spamming the forums with ignorance and giant paragraphs. Don't you have anything better to do then rage on Orphis?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

No need to explain to him what he's done. He can try to threaten me as long as he wants, my security is good enough to hold him up for years.
And anyway, I got his IP address, no need to say it would be easy to call the police in his jurisdiction, because you know, it would not be copyright infringement here, it would be a crime.
While reading 3 pages of people circle-jerking each other with their halfassed legal knowledge is real bloody neat-o, would anyone take time out of their busy smartassing schedule to answer the original OP's question which you all had to read to post (otherwise you're just clicking random links and posting shit without thinking) that being the "REQUIREMENTS FOR JPCSP TO RUN AT FULL SPEED"
I think that even the fastest and most expensive PC currently available still cannot run JPCSP at full speed everywhere in all games. I doubt even the upcoming new Intel Sandy Bridge platform overclocked to 5GHz can manage it. My current system is an Intel Core i7-875K 3.7GHz with 4GB DDR3 1650MHz and overclocked Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB, and the framerate still drops to 11 fps in Crisis Core FFVII in some spots such as Sector 8 Fountain. I think the bottleneck is not in the hardware, but in the emulator and Java.

I believe speed can be improved with code optimizations, but the dev team are working on functionality and bug fixes first. Once most of the functionality is working and bug-free, then perhaps they will tackle speed optimizations later on. If you want to run all games at full speed everywhere, play them on a real PSP which is a lot cheaper than a fast PC. Smile