This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I legitally transfer my PSP games to my PC?
(02-10-2012, 08:48 PM)serio Wrote: http://code.google.com/p/procfw/

it doesn't actually flash your system, so the chances of bricking are almost 0 as far as i know. it all works from the memory card and loads into the memory that gets wiped every time you turn the psp off.

you can update your firmware to 6.60 too, since it supports that as well, but if you don't wanna there's a version for 6.39 too. model doesn't matter i think, since it works even on an e1000 model which is newer than both go and 3000.

639PRO-B10.fix1.rar is probably the one you want then.

http://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation will tell you how to install it. since you don't want permanent changes, don't copy over 620PRO_Permanent nor CIPLFlasher since both of them will alter your psp and increase the chance of bricking.

you'll need the seplugins folder and psp/game/fastrecovery and psp/game/proupdate copied to your memory stick. proupdate to install, fastrecovery to start it after psp reboot.

after all of that is done, press select while the cfw is active and it'll open the cfw menu. change usb device from memory stick to umd disc, then load your umd into the psp, connect it to the pc with the usb cable and it should show the umd as an iso file in a new removable disk type thing that pops up in my computer. you can copypaste it to your desktop from that.

Okay, thanks. I'll try that. I really appreciate all the help from everyone. If I run into any more problems, I'll post again.

Thanks.
I downloaded ver 9 & ver 10 fix 1 for 6.39 and Pro Update installs and I press X to launch cfw, but it just goes back to the regular PSP menu screen. I tried launching Pro Fast Recovery after this & the same thing happens. I also, since these 2 programs didn't seem to boot-up cfw, tried running the CIPL Flasher, but it said that: This installer does not support this model. I have a PSP 3000 BRITE model 03G (Build 5148), is that model not supported by CFW? What should the screen look like if I successfully launch CFW? I'm guessing that it shouldn't be the same as the regular PSP menu screen, right?
It's the same menu as the psp default menu,however if you go to system options and then in system information it should appear the Firmware you are using
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Quote:tried running the CIPL Flasher, but it said that: This installer does not support this model. I have a PSP 3000 BRITE model 03G (Build 5148), is that model not supported by CFW?
only the cipl flasher isn't supported. that thing tries to directly edit your psp's flash memory, but your hardware's too new (so the thing that allowed for cfw to be permanent was patched up), so better not try to force it.

the cfw should be compatible with your model, since it's compatible with mine which is much newer than yours (11G). it's just that it'll look pretty much identical to ofw, except it'll have more options. do what virgil said to confirm you're in cfw mode, then press select button on the main menu and you'll see a new menu.
Okay, I got the Power Stone Collection (USA ver.) game onto my PC and put it in the UMDImage subfolder of the emu. I can run the game and I see up to the screen where you select if you want to play Power Stone 1 or 2, however, after that, the screen just stays on a loading screen forever (or sometimes just a black screen). Is Power Stone Collection compatible with the emu? I am using the 64-bit version that is listed on the main site's Download section. I also tried the 32-bit version, but that froze on the load/create a save screen, which appears way before the game select screen (and for some reason the 32-bit emu doesn't have any text in the load/create save screen). I converted the game from my PSP via UMDGen and I converted it as an .ISO file. I didn't alter any options for the converting proccess and I didn't do the ppf patch or dummy search (since I have no idea what those do). Any help with this stuff would be greatly appreciated. I am really greatful for all the help everyone has given me so far.

Thanks.
well, now it's the time to use the debug info.

debug>tools>logger>show logger
then in the logger window pick INFO from the dropdown menu "choose log level."

then start the game, get to the crash, compress the log and post it here. if it says unmapped import or invalid memory address, go to options>configuration>memory and select "ignore unmapped imports" or "ignore invalid memory address" to get past it.
Okay, I'll go through the debugging of the game when I have a bit more free time this week and then I'll post what it says. I would also like to know where I can download CWCheat, which allows me to use cheat codes on my PSP (kinda like the PS2-era Action Replay cheat device did). I believe that I will be able to use CWCheat since I now have CFW on my PSP. Also, are there any good tutorials for installing it, adding new games/cheats, etc.?

Thanks.
http://pspslimhacks.com/cwcheat-2-3-released/

the tutorial is inside in the readme-en.txt

but basically you copy the seplugins folder (it's in the install folder in that archive) to your psp's root if you don't have it. it's set to activate by default, if not press select and pick recovery menu -> then plugins -> and see if cwcheat is in there and enabled.
[game] is for games, [pops] for ps1 emulation.

if you have it already/in the future, copy the cwcheat folder inside install>seplugins into your seplugins folder and edit game.txt to add
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1
to it, so that the line leads to the prx file.

then reset vsh or device to activate. after that in any game hold select for 3 seconds to open it.

it's also a good idea to set the cpu clock to 333/166 for both xmb and game, it speeds up the searches, memory dumps and doesn't crash the psp if you try to open a text file from cwcheat if the clock is below that. your battery power will be used up faster though.

adding games is easy, you just copypaste the cwc codes into the cheat.db file. first you add the game's code and title, like
Code:
_S ULJM-05011
_G Puzzle Bobble Pocket [JP]
_S game id is important, that's how it detects the game. you can get that code with umdgen under umd properties, jpcsp when loading the game etc. needs the - between letters and numbers.
_G name isn't, it's just for you so you know what game it is. you can set it to anything.

after that the codes.
Code:
_C0 999999999 Points
_L 0x20566E30 0x3B9AC9FF

_C0 for the code title, _L for the codes themselves. there can be more than one _L for each _C0.

you can also do your own cheat searches if there are no codes.
Also some codes crash the games(talking in general).When you search for cwcheats be sure to search for the right ID that the game has.
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]