This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight Club: L.A. Remix - ULES01144
is it allowed to ask questions here? I cannot play the game because of this:

how to resolve this?
Revision: 1e3f7fac

Back in October, I tested this game and there were a lot of graphics issues on either graphics backend.

On OpenGL, if the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" isn't used, the race track won't be visible. Even though the player's car is visible, there are shadow and texture issues. The utility screen when the game first begins to load should have a grey background but it's showing black instead.

On the External Software Renderer, the graphics also have problems as you can see from the screenshots. There are yellow squares that appear on top of the screen horizontally in a line and the race track isn't visible (shows a pink background instead). The shadows don't properly appear below the car.

I'm not sure what graphics backend Tosyk is using but they seem to experience the same issue as some objects aren't visible and the textures don't appear properly on the screenshot.

Attached Files
.7z   Log_r1e3f7fac(64bit)_INFO (OpenGL).7z (Size: 228.41 KB / Downloads: 91)
.7z   Log_r1e3f7fac(64bit)_INFO (External Software Renderer revision 3d1bbb0).7z (Size: 244.7 KB / Downloads: 90)
Hi gid15, can you take a look at my previous post and see what's causing the graphics issue?
Sorry, I missed your previous post.

The log is showing the following issue
Code:
23:27:25  WARN       ge - Video Engine Thread - Texture in swizzled VRAM not supported 0x04710000
This is probably the reason for the graphical issues. The application might be trying to use the depth buffer as a texture.

Could you try to product a DEBUG log for just a few seconds when this WARN is being displayed?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
See attached log. I switched to DEBUG once the WARN message starts popping up.

Attached Files
.7z   Log_r5fc6e6e9(64bit)_INFO (OpenGL).7z (Size: 275 KB / Downloads: 83)
(01-21-2022, 12:50 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: See attached log. I switched to DEBUG once the WARN message starts popping up.

This is the address of the depth buffer:
Code:
07:37:37 DEBUG       ge - Video Engine Thread - zbp zbp=0x04110000, zbw=512
According to http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yapspd/psp_do...#sec10.2.4
using 0x04710000 as a texture address would give a proper linearized version of the depth buffer.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Is the issue with the depth buffer also affecting the External Software Renderer? Since a WARN message doesn't appear at the title screen using this graphics backend compared to OpenGL, I switch to DEBUG at this section.

Attached Files
.7z   Log_r5fc6e6e9(64bit)_INFO (External Software Renderer).7z (Size: 188.59 KB / Downloads: 95)
(01-21-2022, 01:39 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:50 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: See attached log. I switched to DEBUG once the WARN message starts popping up.

This is the address of the depth buffer:
Code:
07:37:37 DEBUG       ge - Video Engine Thread - zbp zbp=0x04110000, zbw=512
According to http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yapspd/psp_do...#sec10.2.4
using 0x04710000 as a texture address would give a proper linearized version of the depth buffer.
Revision d30d93a having a simple implementation to support such textures. Does it change the rendering using OpenGL?
Revision: d1dff2b

There are still graphics issues appearing on this game. The WARN messages for the depth buffer don't appear anymore in the log but the weird colors still appear frequently (see 2nd screenshot color line in the middle of the road or 3rd/4th screenshot).

1) On OpenGL, resizing the resolution while the game is running causes the screen to turn black. The graphics is frozen (even after going back to original resolution) but the audio is still running in the background. I can resize with the External Software Renderer but it appears to have graphical bugs when doing so (graphics are still moving).

2) On OpenGL, the sceUtility overlay screen should be gray instead of black. See 1st screenshot on previous post. (screen will display with the correct color if the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" isn't enabled)

3) On OpenGL, the map doesn't appear on the bottom left corner (see comparison screenshots between OpenGL/External Software Renderer on previous post).

4) On OpenGL, the graphics seem to take reflections of whatever the camera is facing and putting them in the foreground causing a blurry view (see 1st screenshot which best illustrates what I'm trying to describe).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   Log_rd1dff2b(64bit)_INFO (OpenGL).7z (Size: 230.51 KB / Downloads: 99)
Hi gid15, is there anything else that can be looked into that will help with fixing these graphics issues on either graphics backend (OpenGL & External Software Renderer)?