This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
OK, as promised here are the instructions to load the game.

I personally find this a bit over the top but it was requested. Right now the game is not playable due to a StackOverflow, furthermore the movies are black due to some unknown reason!

Before you start you have to make sure you decrypted the eboot.bin (on your PSP) and replaced it in your ISO. As this is a common thing to do on all the new games it is not covered here.

You also need a REAL PSP with CFW running to decrypt the data files for Kingdom Hearts: BBS! There is no way to decode them on your PC! Of course this is also true for decrypting the eboot.bin but I mention it again!!!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Edit the starting batch file for JCPSP and insert the "-Xss12m" switch on both the command line (I marked the second one)

2) Load the UMD in your UMD Browser and Run the game
3) The emulator shows you this message

4) Close the emulator, make sure you have at least 500 MB free space on your PSP's memory stick and then copy the JpcspConnector directory from the MS0\GAME directory to your PSP into the PSP\GAME directory, also the 2 files as mentioned in the message to the \TMP directory.

5) Run the JPcspConnector on your PSP

6) It shows you the Decrypting ms0:... message, wait for the app to end and copy/move the decryted file back into the directory on your PC (as stated in the message before)

7) After that start the load the UMD again in JPCSP and it shows you the second file

8) Copy the new files to the PSP, run JPcspConnector again and then move the .decrypted file back to the PC, again run JPCSP for the third file

9) Repeat the decryting and then start JPCSP again

10) The settings are mostly the default settings, I also activated the media engine (you don't have to)

11) You're ready to start the game Smile

NOTE: This whole procedure will only work with a clean ISO from your UMD, not from the many hacked/patched/whatever copies that float around the net! The decrypting of the encrypted data files work 100%

r1773

Use the -Xss10m (or -Xss11m, -Xss12m, ...) switch or you're ending up in a stack overflow right at the start

You can also activate the Media Engine but right now it's pretty useless because the movies are still black.

You can say all things said in the JAP version are also true for the US version: The movies are black, you have to be real quick to see a bit more of the game but you run into a stack overflow error sooner or later! There are also various graphical errors.

r1791

The -Xss switch is no longer necessary, the stack overflow errors are fixed.

Use no compatibility settings except Media engine on.

Just in short: The game now seems to be playable or at least half-playable. The movies are still black, have to be skipped. There are various graphical glitches. I noticed now the text in the tuturial is not visible (or black), it surely was so before but I did not notice it because of the StackOverflows.

r1793

Only a small update: The movies are now played but they are still very jumpy

r1796

Another small update: The movies now play very well with the Media Engine enabled

r1800

Major problem found by Pingutino: Saving does not work on all revisions. Right now there is not much you can do. I forgot to test this because you have to play a while to get to a save point. Sorry Blush - Good thing it's still in the half-playable section Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   khbbs-us.7z (Size: 6.25 KB / Downloads: 743)
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
please i cannot understand anything try to be more specific...or make a video...plzzz i am the biggest fun of this game plz answer me quickly (thnx a lot Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin)
if you want add me on msn stellarourou@windowslive.com to talk and explane me...plzzzzzz SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
(09-27-2010, 08:03 PM)stellitsa Wrote: please i cannot understand anything try to be more specific...or make a video...plzzz i am the biggest fun of this game plz answer me quickly (thnx a lot
if you want add me on msn stellarourou@windowslive.com to talk and explane me...plzzzzzz

I'm really willing to help you but YOU have to be more specific on what you don't understand. I won't make videos where I edit batch files or copy files! Big Grin
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
The problem that I have is that JPCSP Connector (on the PSP) gives me a 0 KB file and doesn't show any letters just a black screen and my psp shuts down
(09-28-2010, 02:15 PM)stellitsa Wrote: plz add me to explain you .... i cannot understand step 7 8 and 9 .... and you say about second and third file i think you said i have to decrypt the file i do that one time and then i run jpcsp but nothing..... (thaks for you answer previously Big Grin)

Just look at the pictures and read them!

After you decrypted the first file from the TMP folder with JpcspConnector you copy the .decrypted file back to the folder, then run it again and it produces the second file and after decrypting that it produces the third file.

first file (BBS1.DAT)
decrypt with JpcspConnector
copy back
run JPCSP
second file (BBS2.DAT)
copy back
run JPCSP
third file (BBS3.DAT)
copy back
run JPCSP
game should run!

The output files do not have the name BBS1-3.DAT but instead a dummy name "PGDfile.raw"

Just read the messages again very carefully, it should be no problem.
The problem that I have is that JPCSP Connector (on the PSP) gives me a 0 KB file and doesn't show any letters just a black screen and my psp shuts down
sorry but i confused that s the real problem .... i think (The problem that I have is that JPCSP Connector (on the PSP) gives me a 0 KB file and doesn't show any letters just a black screen and my psp shuts down )
(09-28-2010, 02:29 PM)stellitsa Wrote: The problem that I have is that JPCSP Connector (on the PSP) gives me a 0 KB file and doesn't show any letters just a black screen and my psp shuts down
sorry but i confused that s the real problem .... i think (The problem that I have is that JPCSP Connector (on the PSP) gives me a 0 KB file and doesn't show any letters just a black screen and my psp shuts down )

That's very odd. You put the PGDfile.raw and the command.txt in ms0:\TMP ?
This should work. Keep in mind it's not ms0:\TMP\ULUS....\file-...\PGDfile.raw but directly in the \TMP folder. What CFW do you run on the PSP?
yes i do everything just like that, i run 5.50 GEN-B
if you have the decrypted files just send me to my email account (stellarourou@windowslive.com)
or upload them to www.2shared.com
i don'tknow what else can i do... SadSadSadSad i am so disappointed........... SadSadSad
what you need to do is to stop asking for copyrighted data from other members. Considering this a warning Smile
(09-28-2010, 02:42 PM)stellitsa Wrote: yes i do everything just like that, i run 5.50 GEN-B
if you have the decrypted files just send me to my email account (stellarourou@windowslive.com)
or upload them to www.2shared.com
i don'tknow what else can i do... SadSadSadSad i am so disappointed........... SadSadSad

Sorry, as you should know I can't send you the files. Please post your log of JpcspConnector, it should be in the \TMP directory.