This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Booting PSP in Jpcsp - Low Level Emulation
Dear Jpcsp community!

during the last months, I've worked on a Low Level Emulation (LLE) in Jpcsp as an alternative to the current High Level Emulation (HLE) approach that was used from the beginning of Jpcsp. This work is mostly a proof of concept to document the internal hardware interface of a PSP. The goal is also to have an easier testing of some HLE functions by using the LLE version as a reference.

Frankly, I was not sure how far this way would lead... but today I have reached an important milestone: the whole reboot process of a PSP could be completed and the VSH is showing up!

Not everything is available for now, there is still no sound, no memory stick, no UMD and no OpenGL support... but this is feasable and just work to be done.

Attached are screenshots after the reboot.

EDIT 2019-06-10: using the latest changes, the PRO-C 6.61 CFW can be used: after rebooting the PSP, run once the "661 PRO-C Updater". "CIPL Flasher For PRO-C" can also be used so that the CFW is automatically loaded when rebooting the PSP (i.e. when starting Jpcsp). Custom plugins can also be used (e.g. JpcspTrace), like on a real PSP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Great work as always gid Smile
I am wondering it will make Ad-Hoc Multiplayer working with real PSP? (By using AdhocToUSB.prx and mhpt)

Edit: A remote connection software for PSP TwingHotLink https://github.com/sweetwxh/TwingHotLink
(02-12-2018, 11:56 AM)onelight Wrote: I am wondering it will make Ad-Hoc Multiplayer working with real PSP? (By using AdhocToUSB.prx and mhpt)

Edit: A remote connection software for PSP TwingHotLink https://github.com/sweetwxh/TwingHotLink
It will probably behave the same as running with the option "--vsh" and using the PRX files flash0:/kd/pspnet*.prx from a real PSP.

The above methods are similar to what ProOnline is doing. Doesn't this work to connect to a real PSP?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-12-2018, 12:33 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 11:56 AM)onelight Wrote: I am wondering it will make Ad-Hoc Multiplayer working with real PSP? (By using AdhocToUSB.prx and mhpt)

It will probably behave the same as running with the option "--vsh" and using the PRX files flash0:/kd/pspnet*.prx from a real PSP.

The above methods are similar to what ProOnline is doing. Doesn't this work to connect to a real PSP?

ProOnline working but not all game working.
"--vsh" and using the PRX files flash0:/kd/pspnet*.prx also working when connect JPCSP with JPCSP.(not working when play patopon3)
But I never success connect with real PSP when using --vsh, mybe I should try again.
(02-12-2018, 12:33 PM)gid15 Wrote:

although bridge.exe show connection ok, PSP stil notl connecting JPCSP, nothing happen.

.zip   Adhoc2usb-log.zip (Size: 32.28 KB / Downloads: 130)
Just to make it clear, as far as I know, only the ProOnline methods can allow AdHoc inter-networking between a real PSP, Jpcsp and/or PPSSPP:
Code:
Adhoc Network    | Jpcsp LAN | Jpcsp --vsh | Jpcsp ProOnline | PSP+ProOnline | PPSSPP ProOnline |
-----------------+-----------+-------------+-----------------+---------------+------------------+
Jpcsp LAN        | x         |             |                 |               |                  |
Jpcsp --vsh      |           | x           |                 |               |                  |
Jpcsp ProOnline  |           |             | x               | x             | x                |
PSP+ProOnline    |           |             | x               | x             | x                |
PPSSPP ProOnline |           |             | x               | x             | x                |
I can't seem to load the reboot process with the --reboot command on revision b576a0ef:
Code:
01:09:07 ERROR compiler - root - Trying to compile an invalid address 0x82000000 while compiling from 0x88600000

Attached Files
.7z   Log_rb576a0ef(64bit)_DEBUG.7z (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 142)
(02-18-2019, 06:30 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: I can't seem to load the reboot process with the --reboot command on revision b576a0ef:
Code:
01:09:07 ERROR compiler - root - Trying to compile an invalid address 0x82000000 while compiling from 0x88600000
Could you please give more information as I cannot reproduce the issue on my side. Which files have you placed under flash0 and flash1?
Also startup information are missing in your log file, have you disabled something in LogSettings.xml?
Running the official PSP Update 6.61 ( https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppor...dates/psp/ ) is now working. After running it, the whole PSP can be booted in Low Level Emulation Smile