This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can my Laptop run RPCS3?
ps3 
I want to try to play Persona 5 and etc on my laptop but not sure if my Specs are good enough. How much FPS would I be able to hit with my Specs?

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Ram 16GB

GeForce GTX 750 Graphics Card

64 Bit Operating system x64 based Processor
Yes will play at 10-30 fps.
(08-05-2017, 01:32 PM)oancea12 Wrote: Yes will play at 10-30 fps.

Ty. Ouch 10-30fps. Is that due to my low specs or is that just the current state of the emulation?
Rpcs3 is a test version,but getting oficial in 1-3 year,you play naruto at 20-30 fps.
It depends mostly on the game overall. Some are demanding some not too much. Not to mention that Emu is in alpha state and doesnt have implemented any speed hacks or tools that would increase overall performance. Just search on Youtube videos where someone is testing P5 and compare your CPU's performance with his(maybe you will even find someone with the same CPU that tested the game) so you would get a peek at least how it will work for you.
That CPU will run Naruto 1 at full 30fps, I've played some 20% of the game already.
You can also play Persona 5 with goodish performance, I have 6700HQ and I'm 67 hours of playtime in.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux