This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release of External Software Rendering for JPCSP
Thanks for the attachments shadow. During my tests between revision 7b94ebb and 0958115, I did not have a case in improved performance for any game. I tested the games Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special. Here are my results:
Code:
Final Fantasy (7b94ebb)
1x Resolution - 30-60 FPS in Towns (depending on area), 55-60 FPS in Battles/Menu, 41-54 FPS at World Map, 30-31 FPS during encounter animation
2x Resolution - 19-31 FPS in Towns (depending on area), 29-31 FPS in Battles, 20-22 FPS at World Map/Menu, 15-16 FPS during encounter animation

Final Fantasy (0958115)
1x Resolution - 30-60 FPS in Towns (depending on area), 55-60 FPS in Battles/Menu, 41-54 FPS at World Map, 30-31 FPS during encounter animation
2x Resolution - 19-31 FPS in Towns (depending on area), 29-31 FPS in Battles, 20-22 FPS at World Map/Menu, 15-16 FPS during encounter animation

Final Fantasy Type-0 (7b94ebb)
1x Resolution - 09-11 FPS
2x Resolution - 04-06 FPS

Final Fantasy Type-0 (0958115)
1x Resolution - 09-11 FPS
2x Resolution - 04-06 FPS

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special (7b94ebb)
1x Resolution - 14-18 FPS
2x Resolution - 07-11 FPS
1-2 FPS at any resolution size during slowdown while splitting _S1_2_9XXXXXX and compiling for Interpreter messages appear in the Log during duels and lags when the user presses Start at the Title Screen (both cases occur while using OpenGL as well)

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special (0958115)
1x Resolution - 14-18 FPS
2x Resolution - 07-11 FPS
1-2 FPS at any resolution size during slowdown while splitting _S1_2_9XXXXXX and compiling for Interpreter messages appear in the Log during duels and lags when the user presses Start at the Title Screen (both cases occur while using OpenGL as well)
I tried using the External Software Renderer for Bleach: Heat The Soul 6 and got some crazy looking results. There is a diagonal line that appears when developer logos are being displayed (1st Screenshot). During the opening video, there are three vertical lines that appear from top to bottom (2nd Screenshot). At the Main Menu and Character Selection, the diagonal line appears along with other random lines (3rd & 4th Screenshot). When a character gets hit by an attack or teleports, some pixelated red stuff appear on the character (5th Screenshot). The Battle Results also display a diagonal line (6th Screenshot).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-08-2015, 05:45 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: I tried using the External Software Renderer for Bleach: Heat The Soul 6 and got some crazy looking results. There is a diagonal line that appears when developer logos are being displayed (1st Screenshot). During the opening video, there are three vertical lines that appear from top to bottom (2nd Screenshot). At the Main Menu and Character Selection, the diagonal line appears along with other random lines (3rd & 4th Screenshot). When a character gets hit by an attack or teleports, some pixelated red stuff appear on the character (5th Screenshot). The Battle Results also display a diagonal line (6th Screenshot).
I found a bug that could explain these issues. Could you restest with 99d88a0?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Using revision 99d88a0 did fix the diagonal lines and other graphical effects, but there are vertical lines that still appear during the opening video (2nd Screenshot), and there are lines that appear near words and images (3rd Screenshot - horizontal line going through the top of the word Story Mode & 4th Screenshot - small horizontal lines that appear near the middle of the screen and on top of the word in the enlarged red circle).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There seems to be a regression with the latest revision of the External Software Renderer. Starting with revision 990fca2, the emulator will crash as it attempts to load a game. There aren't any error messages shown on the log or console. The previous revision a1cc050 has no problems with loading games on JPCSP.
(11-25-2015, 08:45 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: There seems to be a regression with the latest revision of the External Software Renderer. Starting with revision 990fca2, the emulator will crash as it attempts to load a game. There aren't any error messages shown on the log or console. The previous revision a1cc050 has no problems with loading games on JPCSP.
Which CPU version are you using? Is it still SSE3, 32 or 64 bits?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I have tested both versions (32-bit & 64-bit) of the SSE3 External Software Renderer. For some reason, using the 32-bit version of the SSE3 External Software Renderer can produce a Java Crash log when the emulator crashes from loading a game.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r267ba68(32bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 10.94 KB / Downloads: 115)
(11-25-2015, 07:15 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: I have tested both versions (32-bit & 64-bit) of the SSE3 External Software Renderer. For some reason, using the 32-bit version of the SSE3 External Software Renderer can produce a Java Crash log when the emulator crashes from loading a game.
OK, I found the issue. It should now be fixed in d7e5f63.

Thank you!
Hey gid15, I recently tested Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 with Izayoiki Aizouban with the External Software Renderer. You can check my post about it here. With regards to resolution scaling, is the video not displaying anything (black screen) at 2x or above resolution a bug or is this a ATI/AMD legacy graphics card specific issue?
The following problems only occur on the 32-bit version of the External Software Renderer (using revision 37bb9b7 and SSE3).

1) As IntrepidWanderer mentioned in this post, Java always crashes and produces an error log after closing the emulator.

2) Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy has issues with loading cutscenes or battle stages when this graphics renderer is used. In Story Mode, loading the second cutscene of Chapter 0 causes the emulator to crash and close on its own (producing an error log). The same situation occurs when the game is attempting to load the stage for a battle after the opponent's equipment has been shown on screen.

Attached Files
.7z   Closing Emulator.7z (Size: 5.35 KB / Downloads: 109)
.7z   D012FF Loading Cutscene Crash.7z (Size: 5.84 KB / Downloads: 106)
.7z   D012FF Loading Battle Crash.7z (Size: 5.83 KB / Downloads: 94)