This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release of External Software Rendering for JPCSP
yah but not avx2 :p
(04-17-2014, 01:26 PM)sum2012 Wrote: Anyway I have 8 core of amd cpu of cheaper than intel Smile

cheaper in price... cheaper in performance too. 8 cores? nope you have 8 logical processors but the reality is much more like 4 cores (what they called modules) with 2 hardware threads per module. While the integer units may be done in parallel in hardware thread, it's not the case for float point units. besides, "if Windows were able to utilize an FX-8150's four modules first, and then backfill each module's second core, it'd maximize performance with up to four threads running concurrently." This is similar to what happens on Intel CPUs with HyperThreading – Windows 7 "schedules to physical cores before utilizing logical (HyperThreaded) cores." I was extremely disappointed that AMD is "lying" as much as Intel about the real number of truly parallel cores. If they had kept true cores as in Phenom II, I would have tolerated those cores might be less fast than Intel cores because they would have been monster kings in multi-threading thanks to 8 true cores.

Another hidden "lie", take Kaveri cpu. They told that we can mix APU cores with RADEON cores (Mantle). It's true ONLY for a mid-range RADEON card! one colleague bought a Kaveri and a high-range RADEON card and discovered his card was too powerful to be mixed with APU.

if you don't believe, just have a look at this link : http://www.extremetech.com/computing/100...erformance
My CPU is FX-8350 should be stronger than FX-8150
edit:well,next computer might be try intel
(04-17-2014, 07:04 PM)hlide Wrote:
(04-17-2014, 01:26 PM)sum2012 Wrote: Anyway I have 8 core of amd cpu of cheaper than intel Smile

cheaper in price... cheaper in performance too. 8 cores? nope you have 8 logical processors but the reality is much more like 4 cores (what they called modules) with 2 hardware threads per module. While the integer units may be done in parallel in hardware thread, it's not the case for float point units. besides, "if Windows were able to utilize an FX-8150's four modules first, and then backfill each module's second core, it'd maximize performance with up to four threads running concurrently." This is similar to what happens on Intel CPUs with HyperThreading – Windows 7 "schedules to physical cores before utilizing logical (HyperThreaded) cores." I was extremely disappointed that AMD is "lying" as much as Intel about the real number of truly parallel cores. If they had kept true cores as in Phenom II, I would have tolerated those cores might be less fast than Intel cores because they would have been monster kings in multi-threading thanks to 8 true cores.

Another hidden "lie", take Kaveri cpu. They told that we can mix APU cores with RADEON cores (Mantle). It's true ONLY for a mid-range RADEON card! one colleague bought a Kaveri and a high-range RADEON card and discovered his card was too powerful to be mixed with APU.

if you don't believe, just have a look at this link : http://www.extremetech.com/computing/100...erformance
I decided to give a try to this experimental, brand new full software renderer and ignoring the fact that is terribly slow I found some problems with it. JPCSP crashes and drags Java with it when entering a random battle in FFIV CC (ULUS120560) in the latest JPCSP and software renderer revisions. Also, the text from menus is missing except for the game startup menu.

I attached the game save data and the crash dumps. I started The After Years and played until I got control on the world map.

I used the 32-bit SSE 4.1 variant running with JPCSP r3506 x86 and Java 8 Update 5 x86. I can't use AVX2 being unsupported by my CPU and it is also a 64-bit only variant and thus would require 64-bit Java and JPCSP. It's too much hassle to deal with making the effort unsuitable.

Attached Files
.zip   SAVEDATA.zip (Size: 1.45 MB / Downloads: 120)
.zip   crashdumps.zip (Size: 20.56 KB / Downloads: 127)
I just want a sse2/sse3 version

test Final Fantasy Type-0
settings
opengl faster but no shadow and smoke is to shallow to notes    
External Software have shadow, but shadow change between color black and white

test opengl
if you change angle, you may see this

also get this bug went using External software

opengl

External software

jpcsp ignores fogging
opengl

External software

PSP

ACE telesport card effects

miss ACE telesport card effects some time

BTW, test PPSSPP Buffered rendering

(04-29-2014, 12:28 AM)onelight Wrote: I just want a sse2/sse3 version
SSE2 and SSE3 builds are now available. There is not much performance difference with the SSE4.1 Smile
I've also included an AVX build, but there is no performance improvement as compared to the SSE4.1 build. To summarize:
  • noSSE: slowest but contains no SSE code
  • SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, AVX: average performance. Use the version best fitting your CPU
  • AVX2: best performance but requires an Intel processor supporting AVX2
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Hey gid!

Tried to use the latest versions of jpcsp (revision 3516) and software renderer (revision e5e0416) with no success. I get this UnsatisfiedLinkError error when I select the external soft renderer:

Quote:Running Jpcsp 64bit...
Exception in thread "GUI" Exception in thread "ExternelGE Set Log Level Thread"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setLogL
evel(I)V
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setLogLevel(Native Method)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setLogLevel(NativeUtils.java
:223)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setLogLevel(NativeUtils.java
:191)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE$SetLogLevelThread.run(Externa
lGE.java:69)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setRend
ererAsyncRendering(Z)V
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.setRendererAsyncRendering(Na
tive Method)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.activate(ExternalGE.java:101)

at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:134)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE$ExternalGESettingsListerner.s
ettingsValueChanged(ExternalGE.java:79)
at jpcsp.settings.AbstractBoolSettingsListener.settingsValueChanged(Abst
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:46)
at jpcsp.settings.AbstractBoolSettingsListener.settingsValueChanged(Abst
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:35)
at jpcsp.settings.Settings.registerSettingsListener(Settings.java:783)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:129)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay$AWTGLCanvas_sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDis
play.java:155)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour
ce)
ce)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ce)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

What am I doing wrong Confused
(previous versions did work)
(05-08-2014, 01:24 PM)nickblame Wrote: What am I doing wrong Confused
(previous versions did work)

I have the same issue if I have no external software-ge-renderer dll file in jpcsp/lib/windows-amd64 (only for 64-bit version)

if i put software-ge-renderer.dll or software-ge-renderer-avx2.dll it works.

and be sure not to use the wrong 32/64-bit version.
I do the same steps and and get the error. Like I said it worked on previous versions. Anyhow, since it works for you I'll try from my desktop again and get back to you. Maybe the stupid dual gpu laptop has an issue.
(05-08-2014, 01:13 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-29-2014, 12:28 AM)onelight Wrote: I just want a sse2/sse3 version
SSE2 and SSE3 builds are now available. There is not much performance difference with the SSE4.1 Smile
I've also included an AVX build, but there is no performance improvement as compared to the SSE4.1 build. To summarize:
  • noSSE: slowest but contains no SSE code
  • SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, AVX: average performance. Use the version best fitting your CPU
  • AVX2: best performance but requires an Intel processor supporting AVX2
think you
I try SEE2,SEE3 version , but jpcsp close if 3d models is exist