This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea D2 [BLES01939]
Quote:Yes, but what I am wondering is, with what settings does the game work, with music, if it works?

With your setting it doesnt work at all i cant see anything (grey screen)

With mine or any other that ive tryed (tryed a lot to find that only these 2 were needed) BGM never worked. Sound sure but never heard the BGM
This took forever but as per my conversation with ssshadow on the other thread, I decided to post my log file for this game ID.

My biggest complaint is that it has about a 1/12 chance of actually going past the opening video. Those other times the FPS stops suddenly (which I assume that it froze) the other times I'm stuck at a perpetual loading screen with the spinning penguin. I don't really like the tiny chance of this working.

Anyway attached is my log file and a picture when I finally did get this to work.

I used the latest master build. 5-16-17. Both recompilers, either Vulkan or D3D12. (Open GL doesn't work for me anymore on the newer versions)
-Automatically load selected libraries
-Frame Limit Auto
-I tried language as either English or Japanese (I don't think it makes a difference)
-Used GPU Texture scaling.

Anyway I may have misunderstood, but I was told that this was playable. Or was this the reason that this is ingame?

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 1.2 MB / Downloads: 75)
(Taking the discussion to the proper topic) Here are a few facts I've managed to determine by experimenting with this game, the Speed Patch, and various versions of RPCS3.

The Speed Patch will work only if either of the following conditions are verified:

- You are playing the 1.30 (vanilla) version of the game.
- You are playing any version of the game (such as 1.40) using an older build of RPCS3. The latest build I tried that correctly employs the patch is from June 19, and the earliest one I've tried where it doesn't work anymore is from around July 20 (I haven't tried anything in-between).

In short, with recent RPCS3 builds the patch won't work for the 1.40 version of this game.

(note that if you're downgrading your game to 1.30 from 1.40, you may need to start a new game in order to see the difference)
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 12GB DDR3 RAM, SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64
any idea what these errors mean?
E {rsx::thread} RSX: Invalid RSX method 0x4f50 (arg=0x6d757478)
(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\rsx_methods.cpp:45)

F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x002bf624]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x5c0a204b

It seems each crash has another unrelated error that causes it, seems to happen to me almost every battle.. hmm

should I go back to loading all modules? instead of the short list of modules in:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=178165

finally beat the tutorial by choosing the manual libraries in the other thread and then selecting:
load automatic and manual selection
With the RPCS3 builds from the last 10 days or so, version 1.40 of this game gives the same error that was reported on Git a while ago:

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3011

I've tried a clean install, but it didn't do the trick.
Eveything works like usual with the vanilla version of the game.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 12GB DDR3 RAM, SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64
BLES01939 v1.3
rpcs3 build from 2 days ago (recompier, recompiler, autoload libraries, vulcan):
Everything seems rather fine, reached episode 4, speed is good, no slowdowns, few bugs worth mentioning:
1. Laharl is having 1hp after nearly every battle, which is fine in the castle but is really annoying in item world,
2. in item world around lv4 all sound suddenly disappeared, other than that everything seemed to be working, managed to go to lv 10 and return to the castle, even in total silence.
recent log: https://yadi.sk/d/qh03lwlL3MiuhQ
pc specs: intel i7-7700, gtx1070

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)