This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 bit color depth bug with NVIDIA card
"This will also be used for any other plugins we might develop or receive."
how about "nearest" I need nearest in some game.
(01-21-2014, 03:16 AM)onelight Wrote: "This will also be used for any other plugins we might develop or receive."

Yes, I was thinking about this too. I'm going to study some options for filters and scaling plugins. If you happen to find any more projects like XBRZ4JPCSP please post them. I would be very interested in integrating more features with JPCSP.

By the way, I noticed the crashes and bugs when enabling the plugin in the middle of a game too. This seems to be related to only some textures.
If you try some of the demos ("blend" is the best example), you'll notice that this doesn't happen so often.
(01-21-2014, 02:22 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 03:16 AM)onelight Wrote: "This will also be used for any other plugins we might develop or receive."

Yes, I was thinking about this too. I'm going to study some options for filters and scaling plugins. If you happen to find any more projects like XBRZ4JPCSP please post them. I would be very interested in integrating more features with JPCSP.

By the way, I noticed the crashes and bugs when enabling the plugin in the middle of a game too. This seems to be related to only some textures.
If you try some of the demos ("blend" is the best example), you'll notice that this doesn't happen so often.
Test AMD gpu
no 16 bit color depth error

but if you are using AMD GPU and 13.4 to 13.12 driver ati catalyst soft, Use chaders will make Everything become Crash and you can not find a way to run JPCSP in full fps. you'd better use 13.1 or 13.2 driver.(not test 13.3)
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=155517

Use chaders

disable chaders

test 7th Dragon 2020-Ⅱ[NPJH50716]
jpcsp nvida GPU
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15943]
jpcsp ATI/AMD GPU
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15944]
real PSP
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16165]

yet some psp game use 32 bit color depth, (Gundam vs Gundam Next PLUS)
some PSP game use 16 bit color depth, (7th Dragon 2020-Ⅱ)
other PSP game allow choose 16 bit color depth or 32 bit color depth (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix )
The bug is jpcsp + nvida GPU will always use 16 bit color depth, jpcsp + ATI/AMD GPU will always use 32 bit color depth.

PPSSPP Force use 32 bit color depth by default, if you want PPSSPP use 16 bit color depth, you must edit ppsspp.ini "TrueColor = True" ot "TrueColor = False"

I thing 32 bit color is better than 16 bit color,
so I suggest jpcsp also add a option to force use 16 or 32 bit color.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-13-2014, 03:53 AM)onelight Wrote: test 7th Dragon 2020-Ⅱ[NPJH50716]
jpcsp nvida GPU
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15943]
jpcsp ATI/AMD GPU
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15944]
real PSP
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16165]

yet some psp game use 32 bit color depth, (Gundam vs Gundam Next PLUS)
some PSP game use 16 bit color depth, (7th Dragon 2020-Ⅱ)
other PSP game allow choose 16 bit color depth or 32 bit color depth (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix )
The bug is jpcsp + nvida GPU will always use 16 bit color depth, jpcsp + ATI/AMD GPU will always use 32 bit color depth.

PPSSPP Force use 32 bit color depth by default, if you want PPSSPP use 16 bit color depth, you must edit ppsspp.ini "TrueColor = True" ot "TrueColor = False"

I thing 32 bit color is better than 16 bit color,
so I suggest jpcsp also add a option to force use 16 or 32 bit color.

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you for testing this on both GPUs.
I think this will be taken into consideration with the new External GE, but in the current implementation it appears to be a conflict between JPCSP's interpretation and NVIDIA's true color settings.
(01-17-2014, 08:48 AM)onelight Wrote: My friend gdmk tell me something wrong with GVG NEXT PLUS
This game is use 32 bit color depth, but jpcsp use 16bit color depth.
For reference, this should have been fixed some time ago in "r3588 Always store the GE and FB in a 32-bit texture, 16-bit textures are causing color artifacts". But only if you enable the option "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory".
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log