This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Castlevania - The Dracula X Chronicles - ULES00841
I did try it, and it didn't work. I thought maybe I did something wrong, because it should have theoretically worked. I remember when Java 8 was still in alpha, and it worked even better than Java 7. People on here even recommended it.
I tried out r3560 on both my laptop and gaming rig. The screen just goes black after the start menu and stays that way indefinitely.

So I then investigated the black screen problem.

It works perfectly fine with r3559. So it seems gid15 who fixed the "issue" introduced in r3554 has created an even bigger issue. For this particular game at least.
r3553 no problem\error message in log
r3560 java crash without error

Attached Files
.7z   r3553log.7z (Size: 14.5 KB / Downloads: 90)
.7z   r3560log.7z (Size: 7.5 KB / Downloads: 82)
r3584 + Java 8u20b23

Music works now

However, some of the cutscenes are still broken. So far the Maria one won't play.
R3605 + Java 8u40b04

Finally with implementation of atrac support or whatever, the cutscenes work properly.

Savestates still don't work very well, but I guess it's like that with all games. The game sometimes freezes immediately after loading a state.

I've also learned that Java 9 isn't designed to be backwards compatible, which explains why it didn't work for me. It will be necessary to rewrite some code in the future (when a stable version is released) to support it.
jpcsp is mostly tested on jdk7 . It works fine on my jdk8 . Unfortunately we can't debug in beta versions (8u40) so i am not aware the status there..
@git15
Find high number of texture loading per frame. I guess that is why this game run in 20%-50% speed in some screens.
Code:
Texture load count: 7270, average 2.1 per GE list

.zip   LOG-profiler-info.zip (Size: 107.13 KB / Downloads: 86)

.zip   LOG-profiler-debug.zip (Size: 229.27 KB / Downloads: 82)