This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
UPDATE (8-17-11) Added link to mono at3+ decoding thread:
JPCSP can now decode audio on-the-fly, there should no longer be a need to pre-decode files.

For Jpcsp to decode audio you will need to download and install these components
1. Sony SonicStage Download Here (offsite) [Required] Needed to get support for codecs the psp uses.
2. In Jpcsp -> Options -> Configuration -> Media - Check 'Use Media Engine' + 'Decode audio files with sonic stage'.
that should be all thats needed for basic audio support.
3. for mono at3+ support see this thread http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5293

Old obsolete methods below (Discontinued, Obsolete & Outdated) ----
-
-
-
Before posting a question re-read this post again carefully since i pretty much covered everything from decoding on the PSP to decoding on the PC.
If you do need to ask a question speak clear English and provide me details of the errors and steps on how to reproduce it.

(official and the only supported way) [Recommended]

:: Method A ::
JPCSP Connector

supported formats = Atrac3, Atrac3+, pmf
1. A Real PSP [Required]
ATRAC3 audio is saved under tmp\<GAME ID>\ATRAC
To decode the audio, copy the files to your REAL PSP memcard under ms0/tmp and run JPCSPConnector on your REAL PSP then follow the onscreen instructions.
After decoding on the PSP, move the files back to Jpcsp under" tmp\<GAME ID>\ATRAC" you can delete the files on the PSP.
JPCSP Connector can be found under ms0\PSP\GAME\JpcspConnector\ in the Jpcsp Release.

:: Method B ::
Using the PC to Decode (unsupported)

(unofficial, unsupported and buggy)
You will need to download and install these components
Sony SonicStage Download Here (offsite) [Required] Needed to get support for codecs the psp uses.
HiMDRenderer 1.00 beta 4 (Download Here (offsite)) [Required]
.zip   PMFAudioDumper.zip (Size: 6.01 KB / Downloads: 3,913)
.zip   Convertie - v1.0.0.7.zip (Size: 209.07 KB / Downloads: 4,358)

[Image: 6o24jm.jpg]
  • 1. Copy ["HIMDRendererWin.exe", "PMFAudioDumper.exe", "Convertie.exe"] to <jpcsp>\tmp\ dir
  • 2. Open Convertie.exe and click Decode to decode either video or audio, You should see output in the log window on what its doing., If you get any errors "Convertie" should prompt you with the error (such as missing a required file or running from the wrong directory)
  • 3. When you see Finished at the top you can go ahead and then try Jpcsp, Make sure "Use Media Engine" is enabled in Jpcsp options.
  • 4. When new files audio files appear, just re-run "Convertie" and click decode it will skip over previously decoded files and proceed to the new files (it will try to decode any failed files again, also Jpcsp must be closed first since it likes to lock the files.)
Some files still can't be decoded this is normal, but using this method at-least 50-60% of files can be decoded, movies seem to have a higher success rate then the atrac files.

Helpful screens
For .at3 files to appear you need to enable Use Extract media files to tmp dir (or see the batch convert way under this topic).
[Enable Use JPCSP Connector]

[Where to put the attached files. (might change in the future)]

[:::UPDATE:::]
For Video Audio, I suggest using U-LAW or A-LAW in convertie

::Notes::
Convertie is alpha stage and considered buggy and unpredictable, since not much testing has been done with other OS / Security Settings / Languages ..etc use at your own risk.
consider Method B "as-is" and unsupported. :p

For files to appear in the ATRAC folder you must play the game first (or part of it), Or see the section on how to pre-extract the audio a few sentences down, after that you can decode them and won't have to play the game to first to hear the result.
::NEW UPDATE::

BATCH AUDIO AND VIDEO COPYING

Software needed:

.zip   Renamer - v1.0.0.0.zip (Size: 191.5 KB / Downloads: 2,242)

First refer to the :: Method B :: step above to get Convertie working first since you will still need it to convert the video audio.
Step1 : Copy or extract the contents of the game (there are various tools to achieve this, xpert2, wave extractor..etc)
Step2 : Put all the extracted at3/wav/au/PMF files & Renamer.exe into a single directory
Step3 : Run "Renamer" and you should get end up with a folder called "Atrac" and multi-folders for video files MPEG-*
Step4 : Move the folder "Atrac" and Mpeg-* folders to <jpcsp>\tmp\<GAMEID>\ then run convertie to convert the audio (if its convertible audio).
Thats all there is to it, now you can play the game with audio&video audio the first run. [u]

Video Tutorial (FF7CC is used as an example)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ADN2JWTY
(Note sometimes all the at3 files wont rename, this is normal as some files are 100% identical or have nearly the same content and there is still no way to get a perfect result without crc checks.)

(Backup files you plan on using this with.)

: The Renamer Changelog:
-First release (alpha for testing only)

:Convertie Changelog:

.zip   Convertie - v1.0.0.7.zip (Size: 209.07 KB / Downloads: 4,358)
-BugFix Movies should now convert again without the cannot open error.
-Small code cleanup.

[attachment=2067]
NOTES
The latest Jpcsp can now playback normal at3 files so I have updated convertie to just convert at3plus files and an option to delete standard at3 files from the atrac dir, I have also left the old functionality in if you still need it just uncheck "At3+".
-Added "At3+" Checkbox
-Added Delete Checkbox (Remove standard at3 files, I still have to test this with multiple games)

[attachment=1657]
-Save options on exit

-remove command.txt generation (built into renamer instead)
-added bitrate option for audio.
-Fixed u-law audio, wasn't encoding to u-law format

-generate command.txt
-ability to use either raw (no header) or wav headers
-mono / stereo (default)

-Added Minimize Button
-Version number in title
-Speedup decode process about 10%.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

nice guide
and if I dont have a PSP, how do I do it?
Atrac3+ can be decoded using PC, you need to install:
1)HiMdRenderer
2)SonicStage

Open HiMdRenderer,
Make sure Search Path has the sonicstage package path
Now, input file-> browse-> select the audio file you want to decode -> GO RENDER!

Then, rename the file you get to <filename>.at3.decoded

NOTE: You have only to use this method for the audio files that hyakki method cant decode (normally those are the BGM audios)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Only PMF files do not work with 5.00M33 using JPCSPconector closes the psp after 30 seconds ¿its normal?
[Image: 1388267.png]
(05-24-2010, 03:22 PM)corvenik Wrote: Atrac3+ can be decoded using PC, you need to install:
1)HiMdRenderer
2)SonicStage

Open HiMdRenderer,
Now, input file-> browse-> select the audio file you want to decode -> GO RENDER!

NOTE: You have only to use this method for the audio files that hyakki method cant decode (normally those are the BGM audios)
So,there really IS a way to decode atrac3+ Smile
Does it REALLY works? Big Grin
Does using this decoded audio in Jpcsp causes any problems?
(05-24-2010, 05:56 PM)Witcher Wrote:
(05-24-2010, 03:22 PM)corvenik Wrote: Atrac3+ can be decoded using PC, you need to install:
1)HiMdRenderer
2)SonicStage

Open HiMdRenderer,

Yes it works, i can hear the BGM audio in Jpcsp with that method
(05-24-2010, 06:00 PM)corvenik Wrote:
(05-24-2010, 05:56 PM)Witcher Wrote:
1)HiMdRenderer
2)SonicStage

Open HiMdRenderer,

Yes it works, i can hear the BGM audio in Jpcsp with that method
Wow man,thanks Smile
I wonder if this kind of option will be intergrated in Jpcsp one day...
1)HiMdRenderer
2)SonicStage

Open HiMdRenderer,

noir Wrote:also the goldwave method doesn't work with all the at3 files in the dir but about 80% of them work (the BG music wont decode like this). still pretty good will get voice for alot of the scenes
for the ones that don't decode (BG music) you can use HIMDRenderer-1.00-beta4 (also need soundstage) and make a PCM wav

then just do the same thing rename the wav to decoded.

after this you should have bg music , and voice
this method i already knew , this is probably where you heard it from, I was keeping from posting it but since you felt like doing it, I mise well add it, read a few pages before and you can do videos too.
http://www.jpcsp.org/forum/viewtopic.php...&start=300
I will test it, and I will give a grade for it (+ or -).