This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.55 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - ULUS10297
(06-21-2010, 02:03 AM)Ruffy20 Wrote: And the speed? It's good?
wat version are you using and wat cnfig.
hey,
can i play dissidia on this & at a decent fps??Sad
r2267 the game no longer gets past the very first screen, the white Square Enix screen. It freezes right there. Snapshot is really buggy on the builds in which the game is playable.
(08-14-2011, 09:20 PM)TurkishTwin Wrote: r2267 the game no longer gets past the very first screen, the white Square Enix screen. It freezes right there. Snapshot is really buggy on the builds in which the game is playable.
should be working again in r2270
(08-14-2011, 10:35 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 09:20 PM)TurkishTwin Wrote: r2267 the game no longer gets past the very first screen, the white Square Enix screen. It freezes right there. Snapshot is really buggy on the builds in which the game is playable.
should be working again in r2270

Thank you. Is the snapshot feature generally this unreliable? It has caused my game to crash/bug out and it's difficult to load the snapshot once the emulator has been restarted without it bugging out again. Might something like "save states" be coming to this emulator in the future, or is there no telling? The snapshot feature is better than nothing but it's very unstable.
I never really use the snapshot feature, It was implemented awhile back , I think it only works good on parts of the game that never change (like pause screens, menus), I personally find it unreliable and just use normal saves.

Maybe in the future when the emulator is close to final it will be re-improvised to work better :p
I use normal saves too of course, as those are the only dependable source of saving the game at this point in time, but if the snapshot worked properly and was expanded, it would be a huge benefit for me as well as other players, I'm sure. But, I'm aware that these things take time, and that the emulator is constantly being worked on, so all we can do is wait.

PS I've used your recommended configuration/settings but the game still runs rather slowly, although it is tolerable. Do you have any other tips you could share for improving speed/performance for this game? Thanks again.
r2295
All action menus are solid black boxes with no text.

sprites flicker, and sound is ferociously choppy. (but that would just be an inconvenience that i'd reluctantly put up with. it's the black-box-action-menus that kills it)

using the recommended settings in the first post, made sure JRE was fully up to date. tried every variety of video options in the emulator, nothing helped. also tried a variety of different revisions of the emulator, all with the same result.

What else can I try to make this work?
(08-14-2011, 11:53 PM)hyakki Wrote: I never really use the snapshot feature, It was implemented awhile back , I think it only works good on parts of the game that never change (like pause screens, menus), I personally find it unreliable and just use normal saves.

Maybe in the future when the emulator is close to final it will be re-improvised to work better :p

Indeed, that's the goal. Tongue
The snapshot feature needs to save a full context state copy (memory, kernel objects, registers) and not only the user memory/RAM image like it's currently doing. Fortunately, after these latest improvements we'll have some cleaner code and it will be easier to perform this kind of IO operations in the necessary components without messing to much with the code. Then it will hopefully become functional. Wink
I've tried this game on a number of different builds. First off, I can't use shaders because the picture ends up being white for the logo screen and doesn't show at all after I start a new game. (Sound is grainy, too, but I don't really care.) When I turn the shaders off I can get through the intro. However, the church scene is a bit choppy, and after Agrias' initial conversation with Ovelia, the 'camera' pans to where Gaffgarion and Ramza have come in, only to completely lock up. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm using all the recommended settings except shaders...does anyone have any advice for me? (And not troll advice like 'go buy a PSP'. I plan to, once the Vita comes out - for the express purpose of playing this game and Tactics Ogre).

Thanks!