This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.55 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - ULUS10297
Hey i've been having problems getting this game to load i have two different copies tried both of them but when i hit run it's just a black screen idk really whats wrong any help would be appreciated
Im just having audio distortion problems the fps are running Ok (60 average) . I have already installed sonicstage and the problem still persist ...is there any chance to fix it ?
Has anyone managed to get this game working with windows 7 64 bit?

I can get it to load, but the videos do not work, and there is no sound, and also the game completely freezes when the game loads into the church when starting a new game.

If it's just some settings I need to tweak, fine I can handle that, but if I am just plain not going to be able to run it then I'd like to know before I waste hours trying to troubleshoot a lost cause.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. Big Grin

EDIT: Looking into getting a Vita or PSP to play this game but according to what I've learned, vita has certain constraints when it comes to CFW that makes it very difficult to actually get it on your vita and therefore the no slowdown patch for FFT. Sad
What is the best rev to play this game? I've been having problems with 3009 lately

EDIT: also tested with 3050 and 2946, the video freezes in the middle of conversations, but the audio keeps running.

my conf:
[Image: IGUCgQY.jpg]
Guys?

EDIT: Game fully playable in rev 2126!
Is there any update on the status of this game? I just got the most recent version of jpcsp and decided to load it up again to see and there hasn't been any real changes in terms of performance.

The game runs smoothly at 60fps for the opening cinema as well as for when they're in the church chatting. Then once they go outside and the battle begins the fps drops to a range of 20-40 fps, which is bareable. However when they use a technique like shadow blade or w/e it drops down to like 10 fps. Fps issues aside there is a huge distortion with the game's sound and music as well, it sounds like its warped. Nothing I've tried has fixed it and this is the only game I have the issue with.

Currently using jpcsp v3062
-Use Shaders = on
-Save GE Screen... = on
-Enable dynamic shader.... = on
-Ingore invalid memory... = on
-Use Media Engine = on
-Extract Media... = on
-Decode audio... = on
-Use compiler... = on
-100 maximum method size
-extract decrypted eboot... = on

Also I have the latest version of SonicStage installed.

My system specs are Windows 7 64-Bit (I've tried with both the 64 and 32 bit jpcsp emulators), 3.2ghz 6 cores, 12 gigs of ram, 1 gig video.

Any help to improving the game's fps or sound issues would be greatly appreciated.
Kinsume, apparently the older revisions are playing the game better. Try it on rev 2126, if you manage to find a link.

Settings to play properly @ 2126:

video

use vertex cache
use shaders
enable vao
enable saving GE

memory
ignore invalid memory
ignore unmapped

rev 2515 seems to have a better gameplay but worse sound
(03-22-2013, 03:28 AM)Krainz Wrote: Kinsume, apparently the older revisions are playing the game better. Try it on rev 2126, if you manage to find a link.

video

use vertex cache
use shaders
enable vao
enable saving GE

memory
ignore invalid memory
ignore unmapped

How much better is it? Fps good? Sound works? What?
(03-22-2013, 06:31 AM)Kinsume Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 03:28 AM)Krainz Wrote: Kinsume, apparently the older revisions are playing the game better. Try it on rev 2126, if you manage to find a link.

video

use vertex cache
use shaders
enable vao
enable saving GE

memory
ignore invalid memory
ignore unmapped

How much better is it? Fps good? Sound works? What?
Not much better, but at least you can play the game if you set the text speed to fast.

Better than not playing.

edit: looking at your processor, I think you might be able to play the game at 60fps. I'll send you the r2126 download link via PM since I can't post it in here.
I see, thank you very much. I'll give it a go and let you know.

Edit :

Well the FPS seems more consistent, 55-60 most of the time with it dipping down to about 40 when attacks are being done. Much better than previously. The sound is still a bit choppy, however that is likely due to the fps issue as well right? I have the settings to what you posted above, is there anything I can do with my PC in terms of tweeks or something to help get a better result from the emulator?