This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.55 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - ULUS10297
(05-28-2011, 09:56 PM)horror Wrote: I don't understand why this game is in the compatible list since it seems only to work for a couple of advanced users. I have tried with several different revisions of JPCSP with the suggested settings in the first post, and subsequent posts, to even load the game, but have failed with all versions both for DISC_ID = ULUS10297 and DISC_ID = ULES00850.

Are there some set of updated settings for the latest revision (r2153)? Or a profile to implement to get this game to run?

I would be extremely interested in trying to get at least this game to work for JPCSP, so how can I help/contribute with debug logs? or at least try to understand them?

Thank you for the help and continued support for both the emulator and games like these.

just re-tested it, and it works fine. besides for the audio issue (skipping)
(05-29-2011, 12:14 AM)hyakki Wrote: just re-tested it, and it works fine. besides for the audio issue (skipping)

how? what? settings? what versions are you using? how is yours set up? whaaaat?! HuhHuhHuh
(03-13-2011, 07:09 AM)Sinkotsu Wrote: After messing around in the settings I've managed to get the audio working passably, no video issues to speak of, and everything seems to be running smoothly. Framerate averages around mid to high 30s when not in combat, maybe 40s, but whenever I enter combat, framrate drops to anywhere from 9 to 18 FPS. Despite my general lack of Java-based knowledge or how any of this even works, I'm still tinkering with settings and whatnot to see if there's anything I can do to get a boost on the FPS during combat. If anyone knows a way to keep the FPS up during combat, I'd love to hear it.
May I ask how you solved your audio issues? Mine seems to be running fine except for the extremely stuttering audio and my inability to watch mpegs (with latest 64-bit version and media enabled).
So from what I've seen, this game seems to be working fine while running under the 64bit (windows vista/7) versions and possibly not on any 32bit operating systems(windows xp); just pure speculation
I have 32bit XP and it works
hi guys the emulator starts well, but in battle he is very slow, any suggestions on how to fix this? Windows ultimate 64bit

amd : 955 BE 3.2
4 gb Ram
ati 5770 vapor x
I tried using everything suggested here, but for some reason, enabling shaders breaks the emulator. It won't even load any UMDs. The command box also runs through lots of Javascript code about "java.awi" and usually ends in "<Unknown Source>". Does anyone know the problem?

I am also having slowdown issues. The framerate usually stutters at about 10 FPS, even with "use vertex cache" enabled (as someone suggested earlier in the thread). Is this just a case of a bad CPU/graphics card?

My OS is Windows 7 with a 2 GB RAM, and I'm using r2163 (32-bit).
(06-04-2011, 09:33 PM)Fool Wrote: I tried using everything suggested here, but for some reason, enabling shaders breaks the emulator. It won't even load any UMDs. The command box also runs through lots of Javascript code about "java.awi" and usually ends in "<Unknown Source>". Does anyone know the problem?

I am also having slowdown issues. The framerate usually stutters at about 10 FPS, even with "use vertex cache" enabled (as someone suggested earlier in the thread). Is this just a case of a bad CPU/graphics card?

My OS is Windows 7 with a 2 GB RAM, and I'm using r2163 (32-bit).

You can be sure about it....you are like to triyng to play Good Of War in a game boy color Cool
Are you saying that it is indeed my hardware that's the problem? I'll get a RAM expansion in that case...

Does anyone know how to fix the shaders, though?
I got the same problem, it is slow when the battle begin. I follow the config in the 1st page but the screen is just black and I only hear the music but when I didn't change anything the game works fine but slow in the battle.