This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - ULUS10375
(03-25-2012, 08:16 AM)kyntrel Wrote: game works smooth for me except some of the area of game is cut off short. example: the very start of game where you are suppose to find the switch to open the door to place(as claude) from being able to control claude you head up yet you can no longer see him because he is off screen, the only way to open the area is smashing the x key and running around in an area you can not see.

any fixes would be nice

kyntrel, you need to use the 64bit version of jpcsp and it will be fixed.
i do not have a 64 bit OS though. so am i screwed then?
yeah currently the coordinates are only right in the 64bit versions (and the invisible characters)
(03-24-2012, 04:32 AM)guidodi Wrote: My game freezes a lot, but you can hear the game is still running. When this happens the only way to continue is to enable Only GE Graphics, the screen is fixed but the dialogue disappears. I tried a lot of combinations but it always freezes. Is there any way to avoid the freezes??
I finished Star Ocena First Departure a couple days ago and I had the same problem with the freezes with the exception that when I enabled Only GE Graphics it didn't make the dialogue dissapear so the game was playable.

I am using rev_2492 64 bits.
Windows 7 - Core I5 - GeForce 560ti - 8 GB RAM

Same deal here, was having frequent issues with this glitch at the very beginning and in the forest of symbols. Enabling only GE graphics when the video freeze happens makes the video show up (and no longer with the flickering that only GE graphics normally has in this game). As with you, my dialog also disappeared, but someone having this issue might be able to tough it out by using this trick to pass glitchy parts (at least for me, the glitch seems to happen in certain areas only).
Yep, the GE graphics helped me pass the glitchs at the first of the game in the first town, with the same deal, no dialog boxes. I am using r_2552 under ubuntu 12.04. Thanks guys!

EDIT: nevermind I can't save or access the menu afterwards, so this is no good. Tongue Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
any tips for getting sharper sprites? all i seem to be able to get while keeping functionality are really fuzzy, ugly sprites. enabling the first GE option gives me amazing sprites but i lose dialogue boxes in 64bit windows. I'm currently using the options that were set out earlier in the thread when i have maximum functionality(but poor visuals). I am using the latest build i could find, 2665.
psp 
yeah, as soon as claude fights the ape in the beginning the video freezes but the rest of the game keeps on going for a few minutes, then it usually crashes the rest of the way. also freezes anytime i change the size of the window. any ideas from the experts? Also the load snapshot option seems to just cause the emulator to crash. any help would be stellar, as this is my favorite game of all time, beat the ps1 version 13 times and i need this something fierce, haha
r2920
Movies are now playing correctly Smile, everything appears to sync up.
Seem like Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari 32 bit probrem
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid143179

(03-26-2012, 07:42 AM)hyakki Wrote: yeah currently the coordinates are only right in the 64bit versions (and the invisible characters)

The game is playable but there are still some issues.

The game is very blurry unless I turn on use GE.
But when I turn that on the screen gets cut into a smaller square and there is a flashing black line running up the screen.

Is there a way to fix this?