EmuNewz Network
JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: General discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] (/showthread.php?tid=977)

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - ThanatosTelos - 09-12-2011

hyakki,can u help me??
whenever i start my jpcsp, it just won't open..

so, i tried to launched the jpcsp with your jpcsp launcher but then, it showed this error and when i click yes,it just stopped working... T_T

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - hyakki - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 04:39 PM)ThanatosTelos Wrote: hyakki,can u help me??
whenever i start my jpcsp, it just won't open..

so, i tried to launched the jpcsp with your jpcsp launcher but then, it showed this error and when i click yes,it just stopped working... T_T

that's actually a java error, not related to the launcher -> in the launcher go to ADV (advanced options)-> Debug and uncheck the -XX:+ShowMessageBoxOnError check box
this will stop java from displaying that message box and go back to the default error reporting unfortunately this wont help stop java from crashing.

the error is probably game specific, try another game and see if it still gets the problem.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - theball - 09-14-2011

I have found a new option to add maybe at your launcher :
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=True
(The message from Oracle's web site -> This pipeline is currently disabled by default. It provides hardware acceleration for simple rendering operations (text, images, lines, and filled primitives) as well as those that involve complex transforms, paints, composites, and clips.)

So, normally, it can accelerate jpcsp but I don't have test this option for now. Maybe it's interesting for low computers ...

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - Vegerunks - 09-14-2011

(09-14-2011, 01:13 PM)theball Wrote: I have found a new option to add maybe at your launcher :
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=True
(The message from Oracle's web site -> This pipeline is currently disabled by default. It provides hardware acceleration for simple rendering operations (text, images, lines, and filled primitives) as well as those that involve complex transforms, paints, composites, and clips.)

So, normally, it can accelerate jpcsp but I don't have test this option for now. Maybe it's interesting for low computers ...

This might work well if it actually worked -.- lol, When i use that command JPCSP opens with a white screen, and title bar. None of the Drop down bars or anything.
Alright I have been playing around with some java commands and I gained a 15 FPS boost by using this command on DBZ Shin budokai another road:

-Dsun.java2d.ddforcevram=true

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - ventusrocks - 09-14-2011

(09-14-2011, 02:46 PM)Vegerunks Wrote:
(09-14-2011, 01:13 PM)theball Wrote: I have found a new option to add maybe at your launcher :
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=True

This might work well if it actually worked -.- lol, When i use that command JPCSP opens with a white screen, and title bar. None of the Drop down bars or anything.
Alright I have been playing around with some java commands and I gained a 15 FPS boost by using this command on DBZ Shin budokai another road:

-Dsun.java2d.ddforcevram=true

Wow, how do you get that 15fps boost??? What do I do to get that kind of boost? A 5fps boost is great, but 15? That's awesome! Is this option in the launcher, or something else?

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - Vegerunks - 09-14-2011

in Advanced options there's a text box that you can enter it into. It also works amazingly on other games while working with Only GE

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - ventusrocks - 09-14-2011

(09-14-2011, 06:10 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: in Advanced options there's a text box that you can enter it into. It also works amazingly on other games while working with Only GE

Hmmm, I've tried this with Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and it didn't seem to boost it any (actually, it great increased the fps reading from the start until actual game play starts). Is there anything other options I should try with this to increas speed, or is that out of the question?

Or, does this only speed up 2D games?

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - hyakki - 09-14-2011

I'll have to look into the options, but they probably only effect the gui since the main render is handled by lwjgl

I also found these lwjgl settings, most don't seem to any noticeable effect in jpcsp though (at least that I could tell) besides for the debug one.
I'm thinking the allowSoftwareOpenGL might be useful for something (maybe amd/ati?)
http://lwjgl.org/wiki/index.php?title=LWJGL_Hidden_Switches

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - rafyg984 - 09-16-2011

THANKS

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.6.0.1] - songtothunder - 09-22-2011

hi,
im currently using jpcsp 2289
my spec, i3 2310m @2.1ghz, gt 540m, ram 4gb, win 7 64bit

what the best setting of v1.6.0.1 i can use?
cause when i play crisis core, it's only run about 7-9 fps...

thanks for your answer