EmuNewz Network
The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Half playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+----- Thread: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 (/showthread.php?tid=90927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Kimidori - 10-27-2012

some japanese text not appearing, sound at the menu play normally but sound during the rhythm gameplay (which is prerendered video) didn't work.

here the log when start the rhythm gameplay start.

[Image: T5ZZD.png]

jpcsp r2806 (tested with 2810 but nothing changed)

sound not work in the gameplay in the 5th and 6th screenshot

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - lazorgunn - 10-28-2012

Ran into the same problems myself. The OVA at the beginning of the game also is pre-rendered video that doesn't have any audio stream decoded by Media Engine. I'm suspecting it's because they don't have any Atrac3+oma files associated with the videos, and thus nothing will be played through the audio stream.

I'm not sure why the lines aren't being displayed, possibly could be a new line formatting for the game.

These are all just my theories. Hopefully something can be done to fix these problems, or else I don't see a major part of the game being enjoyably played. Since it's a music rhythm game, it's pointless playing without the music.

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Kimidori - 10-30-2012

too impatient to wait for gid to fix this so I wrote a little program to play the song here. Big Grin

[youtube]bgFSDYzczYY[/youtube]

in case someone wondering, the program I wrote did not make jpcsp play the song, the program play the song itself, and it did not play the song using files from the ISO either, it play the song from it own files.

and I wouldn't call this perfect solution for the problem since I just started to learn programming so the program sometimes play the wrong song or play the song before the loading done.

anyway, while playing the game, I notice some other problem here:

1. The video play slightly slower than it real speed (even when not recording) so the dance become more and more desync with the song.

2. the video have 2 video streams, the star you see mid-song is suppose to switch between them. as r2810 added support for MPEG video having multiple video streams, instead of switching like it should be, jpcsp randomly chose 1 stream and play it from start to end and not switching it mid-song at all, you can see it in the second song I played in the video.

3. the preview sound for the songs is always the preview of the first song.

those 3 problems are not as gamebreaking as the no sound problem but could cause some annoyance, though if possible, please fix the sound first.

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - lazorgunn - 10-31-2012

Nice program. Haha. I considered doing something like that, but I wouldn't have known what to do.

I've been messing around with the PMF file to try and figure out alternatives to getting the audio to play. So far, I haven't had much luck with Method B from http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1160

I attempted many different settings, and my best results were
Audio Settings > Raw, At3+
Video Audio Formats> PCM
This created a .wav that was actually playable on foobar, but didn't playback through Media Engine.

The problem with settings like A-LAW or U-LAW (the recommended settings) was that it'd create a .wav that was 22 minutes long and didn't playback on anything I put it in.
However, I'm not even sure I necessarily did it right.

For now, I'm leaving the PMF for L.O.B.M. for people to figure it out.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a3a386qjh88s5gg

Also, I propose the error for the text not showing up is an issue with the fonts, since many non-Native English games seems to share similar issues.

As for the preview music only playing the preview for the first song previewed, I remember Idolm@ster SP having that problem. I'm not sure why this happens too. Sorry I can't be of much help. Hopefully someone with better experience will show up and save the day!

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Kimidori - 10-31-2012

how did you get the pmf? I think those are in USRDIR\DATA\bin but I can't open those bin file.

edit: I guess I just need to change the extension to .pmf right?

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - lazorgunn - 10-31-2012

The decryption key is xor 0x7B for the USRDIR\DATA\bin files
mp4s of the corresponding PMFs for reference http://www.mediafire.com/?le42vcpvarnu5

There should be a way to extract the audio and reference it back to the video stream to play the audio. I just can't figure it out myself. Hopefully someone who's more familiar with this issue can step in and help.

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - gid15 - 10-31-2012

(10-30-2012, 10:33 AM)Kimidori Wrote: 2. the video have 2 video streams, the star you see mid-song is suppose to switch between them. as r2810 added support for MPEG video having multiple video streams, instead of switching like it should be, jpcsp randomly chose 1 stream and play it from start to end and not switching it mid-song at all, you can see it in the second song I played in the video.
The dynamic switch between different video streams should now work in r2812. Also sceCccDecodeUTF16 is implemented which could fix the missing texts.

(10-31-2012, 08:54 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 10:33 AM)Kimidori Wrote: 2. the video have 2 video streams, the star you see mid-song is suppose to switch between them. as r2810 added support for MPEG video having multiple video streams, instead of switching like it should be, jpcsp randomly chose 1 stream and play it from start to end and not switching it mid-song at all, you can see it in the second song I played in the video.
The dynamic switch between different video streams should now work in r2812. Also sceCccDecodeUTF16 is implemented which could fix the missing texts.

I confirm that the text and the dynamic video streams work now. Remember to turn off "Use debug font" if it is on, as it'll mess up the text. Thanks for the updated build!

Any word on if there's anything you guys could do to fix the issues with music not playing?

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Kimidori - 11-02-2012

the music playing program is finally done for all 3 version! thank to lazorgunn I extracted music from the game, now the music is 100% sync with the beat, download the program here here

[youtube]sktO7BrMzyo[/youtube]

note that with stream switching added in r2812, if you play the song for the first time, the game will lag for a sec when switching stream and make the music off-sync with the beat, replay the song will solve this.

one more thing, replay the song will also make the music sync better with the beat.

as I said, I'm just started to learn programming so it a little hard to use and you will need to read a bit to know how to use this program properly.

if you just started the game and haven't play any of the song yet, play the first song soundless before using this

first, this will ony work if you have the same control setting as mine

[Image: iRhHU25LVlqjJ.png]

either look at the pic and config or paste this to your setting.properties file

Code:
controller.controllerName=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
keys.analogDown=52
keys.analogLeft=50
keys.analogRight=51
keys.analogUp=49
keys.circle=76
keys.cross=75
keys.down=83
keys.hold=79
keys.home=72
keys.lTrigger=81
keys.left=65
keys.music=77
keys.rTrigger=69
keys.right=68
keys.screen=78
keys.select=16
keys.square=74
keys.start=10
keys.triangle=73
keys.up=87
keys.volMin=45
keys.volPlus=61

when you start the program, chose one of the icon, the first icon is for stage mode and the second is star of festa mode.

for stage mode, when you got to the song selection menu, press "P" button before doing anything and then you can start chosing a song, do not hold the up or down button to scroll the song list or scroll too fast.

after you done playing a song AND got back to the song selection menu, press "P" again before choosing a song.

in the pause menu, chose either the first (replay) or the third (back to song selection menu) option, and remember, always press "P" at the song selection menu before doing anything.

star of festa mode is a little harder so I will make a video on how to use the program for it later, for now, have fun with stage mode!

RE: The IdolM@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note - JP - NPJH50676 - Shingeki - 11-02-2012

(11-02-2012, 10:46 AM)Kimidori Wrote: the music playing program is finally done for all 3 version! thank to lazorgunn I extracted music from the game, now the music is 100% sync with the beat, download the program here here

Great job! Thank you very much for this!

JPCSP doesn't play the correct preview sound for the song so what about muting JPCSP in the song selection window (Shift+M) and playing the previews through your player? (Playing the full version would be fine, no need to extract the preview sound files for this)